Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have used redline 50w racing oil in my kenne bell 2.2l blowzilla.but doing some matinece and changing all the fluids. I cant find redline 50w racing oil anywhere! The store i usaly get it from doesnt carry it anymore. What other type of oil could i use? what the next best oil to use?

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Any speed shop should be able to order for you, but any straight 50w synthetic should do in a pinch.

Autorotor's (who manufactured your blower, not KB back then...) datasheets and appnotes suggest the supercharger can even be fed engine oil. That's what those plugs on the side of the blower are for, pressure feed and drain to pan.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why not contact KB, i am getting mine straight from them.
trust me ive tried to call them about other stuff on the supercharger and no one answers. I leave a message and no returned phone call. If it was that easy for me trust me, i would have already done it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am not sure what type of supercharger the kb is, but I have a 92 Thunderbird Supercoupe which has an eaton m-90 supercharger. You can get replacement oil from the Ford dealer. The GM dealer also carries supercharger oil as the Pontiac GTP uses an Eaton M-90 as well.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
The supercharger is an autorotor/kennebell.

15w50 synthetic will work fine. Like I said, autorotors datasheet indicates that the compressor can be lubed with an engine oil supply instead of an oil bath like the KB set up.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
trust me ive tried to call them about other stuff on the supercharger and no one answers. I leave a message and no returned phone call. If it was that easy for me trust me, i would have already done it.
Call both there tech line and parts line, keep trying and they will answer.... eventually. Just keep bugging them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts