Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 4.7 liter durango slt and i was wondering which muffler i should go with. I can't decide wheter to get the super 40 (which i hear everybody loves) or should i go with the quiter delta flow 50. I know that both mufflers give different sounds but i was hoping to get something with a deep hollow roar closer to the full size truck. I'm leaning towards the super 40 but considering i have to drive long distances on the highway would i get sick of all the noise? Also for some reason i fell that if i get the super 40 it will give me a crappy sound since i am keeping the cat....i've never heard a durango with flowmaster so help me out....thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I like it loud sometimes..... but... I knew I wanted the quietest one so I wouldn't kill myself on long trips... or wake up my neighbors at night when I come home..... I have the 50 series delta flow, and I think it's STILL too loud.... trust me... get the delta 50,... you won't be disapointed....

Paul

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
i agree, the 50 is PLENTY loud n sounds really good, but then again so does the 40, but the 40 is REALLY loud

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I have the super 40 with a 3" single catback dumped before the axle (still running stock exhaust cat forward). It does get annoying at some times but that's mainly because it's dumped and it resonates under the truck. Definately a nice sounding muffler though and it supposedly outflows the 40 series and 50 series mufflers.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Go with the super 40. The 50 Delta is not going to be loud at all. As long as the cat or cats are still on your truck the 40 will not be to loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts