Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 98 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, 5.2L (318) with the 5-Spd (NV3500).
Looking into swaping it with a Jasper 5.9L performance crate mated to the
Keisler Trimec T56 650HP 6-Spd I'm planning on getting a new PCM and having it dyno'd after install. Just need some knowledgable gear heads to give me some valuable insight to the job right and maybe things to look out for.

1. Do the motor mounts match between the 5.2 to 5.9.?
2. How do yall feel about Jasper and Keisler products? I have had good luck with Jasper first time to look into Keisler.
3. Down the road would like to add the Kenne Bell Supercharger. Any input?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.
-B

·
Registered
425 Posts
Killer-B said:
I have a 98 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, 5.2L (318) with the 5-Spd (NV3500).
Looking into swaping it with a Jasper 5.9L performance crate mated to the
Keisler Trimec T56 650HP 6-Spd I'm planning on getting a new PCM and having it dyno'd after install. Just need some knowledgable gear heads to give me some valuable insight to the job right and maybe things to look out for.

1. Do the motor mounts match between the 5.2 to 5.9.?
2. How do yall feel about Jasper and Keisler products? I have had good luck with Jasper first time to look into Keisler.
3. Down the road would like to add the Kenne Bell Supercharger. Any input?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.
-B

1. mounts are the same.
2. jasper and keisler = good buy!
3. stay away from kenne belle. go with paxton novi 2000.

If you need any help or have questions. PM me.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TraMotorsports for your info this gives me more reassurance. :biggthump

So this may be a dumb question and please set me straight if I'm wrong because I'm only going by what I have dug up in books and the net. No actually experience with chargers/turbos which what I'm really looking for.

From what I have read centrifugal superchargers & turbos usually have "boost lag" at lower RPM's and roots style and screw drive chargers have a better boost at lower to mid range rpm's. The 360 that I plan on getting and building will probably never see revving over 5500 RPM. If I go with a centrifugal charger it will approximately start to kick in around 3000RPM where as Screw drives can get as low as or lower than 2000RPM.
Am I wrong?

With my 3.55 rearend and planned 6-speed I would really like to see my low in torque earlier on. My over all end goal is 300+ RW hp. But may have to get the 3.91 rear end to put it to the ground harder.

Appreciate you time,
-B

·
Registered
425 Posts
Killer-B said:
Thanks TraMotorsports for your info this gives me more reassurance. :biggthump

So this may be a dumb question and please set me straight if I'm wrong because I'm only going by what I have dug up in books and the net. No actually experience with chargers/turbos which what I'm really looking for.

From what I have read centrifugal superchargers & turbos usually have "boost lag" at lower RPM's and roots style and screw drive chargers have a better boost at lower to mid range rpm's. The 360 that I plan on getting and building will probably never see revving over 5500 RPM. If I go with a centrifugal charger it will approximately start to kick in around 3000RPM where as Screw drives can get as low as or lower than 2000RPM.
Am I wrong?

With my 3.55 rearend and planned 6-speed I would really like to see my low in torque earlier on. My over all end goal is 300+ RW hp. But may have to get the 3.91 rear end to put it to the ground harder.

Appreciate you time,
-B
If i were you i wouldnt worry about the low end torque. chances are you are going to have more than enough to keep the tires planted. especially with the six speed. first gear in those things is sick. so stay with the 3.55's. Screw or Roots style blowers are going to give you much better low end power but like i said before; you wanna keep the back tires hooking up as much as possible. Centrifugal blowers are gonna give you alot more low end than you think and up top aint to shabby either. Turbo can be mached to any engine combo. If you need help with that let me know.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds Great!... I'm definitely going to look into that more then.
Appreciate it man!
So with the supercharger (6-8psi) you think something on the line of 40lb injectors with the magnum 360 is fine?
And fix the fuel lines so they are better matched (Y's front and rear) cause this Dakota is gonna need a drink to get me over 300hp RW.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
are you commited to a 360 with boost ? strokers are getting better and cheaper every day.a 345-375hp stroker motor can be built with shelf parts and very easy to tune.dollar for dollar its a good route to go.two things to consider 1)you want low end torque,you"ll get it 2) i see you live in texas the last thing you want is a heat soaked boost engine,just when you need it most I.E.-nice hot saturday afternoon when some GT rustang pulls up next to you ,your truck is doggin it, ouch.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Killer-B said:
Sounds Great!... I'm definitely going to look into that more then.
Appreciate it man!
So with the supercharger (6-8psi) you think something on the line of 40lb injectors with the magnum 360 is fine?
And fix the fuel lines so they are better matched (Y's front and rear) cause this Dakota is gonna need a drink to get me over 300hp RW.
40lbs. injectors are good for 435 horsepower in a forced induction application and 520 horsepower in a naturally aspirated engine. so whether you stroke it or supercharge it, i'd say your going to have more than enough fuel for the power you want to make.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts