Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a sunroof installed in their truck? I'm contemplating putting one in my truck (I love sunroofs) but I wanted to get some extensive feedback from owners before making my decision.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BlackDak said:
I have a sunroof in my QC, and I love it. What kind of extensive feedback are you looking for?
Which brand/model do you have?
Is it power or manual?
What is the overall size on the outside (closed) and inside (open)?
Have you had any problems with leaking, vibration, breakdowns?
Can you take a pic from the inside? I'm curious how much real estate they chew up out of the roof and how far back from the windshield they have to sit.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I don't know what model/brand it is offhand, but I will get that for you, tonight. It was in the truck when I got it, and I love it.

It is power. There is a switch mounted on the lower dash to the left of the steering column. It will pop the back up all the way with a single press of the button, or will go up in steps if I press and hold. It slides all the way open the same way. One touch opens it all the way, or I can press and hold to open it partially. One very nice feature it has is that when I turn off the ignition it closes, no matter what position it was in. The glass is also tinted.

There is a slider that matches the headliner that I can pull closed to cover it completely, if for some reason I don't want to see up.

My pics may be misleading, as far as how much real estate it takes up, as I have a lot more roof than you do, but you should be abe to get the idea.

To be honest, if it weren't for the name brand on the headliner-colored cover and the switch that just doesn't appear to be factory, I would have no idea it was not stock.

I went through one of those automatic car washers the other day. At the end, it used lots of forced air to get a majority of the water off. That was the only time I have ever seen any sign of leakage, but the force was unnaturally high, under ormal conditions, I woul never expect it to have a problem.

I live in Seattle, we see enough rain, and the truck is black, so I have been washing it extremely often, also with no sign of leaking.

Pics to follow.

·
Registered
977 Posts
thats awesome, I wanna get one in my QC too. Hey sin, I know Adam (v8blakdak) has one in his RC. He got it done somewhere locally around him if I'm not mistaken. Hit him up and ask him.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Bumping a 6 year old thread..ass..lol

But seriously, a sunroof is something i really want, so i commend you for your bumpage.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Bumpage seen and recognized, lol. Its too late today, pics of a black truck at night don't turn out well. I will shoot some tomorrow and post em up...

·
Shitter Outlaw
2,574 Posts
Yes it would be...but would be awesome as hell...I remember running around in a z28 with t-tops...but back on topic...I wanna see pics anyone with one in a rango I would live to have one in mine

·
BEACH BUM
2,441 Posts
my last 4 cars had sunroofs... 1990 2dr Jetta, manual (it was aftermarket and the glass only tilted up in back or came completely out). 1992 jetta, no glass but hand cranked open. 2001 and 2002 hyundai elantra gt hatchback, full glass power sunroof.

no to my dodge and i miss it daily. just had a conversation with my gf the other day wondering what it would cost for a power sunroof. too nervous about leakage though, theres just something about cutting a perfectly good roof.

also with the overhead console i feel a sunroof just isnt possible. or is but would sit too far back

·
Shitter Outlaw
2,574 Posts
I think so but as an option...if I had one would be tinted heavily...I don't need more light in my truck...just like having a port hole where I can pull the glass out...there nice to throw pennies out when someone is tailgating you also...but as I am a smoker I like the sunroof to help vent my truck

1 - 20 of 73 Posts