Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TruckFest, Summit Racing Equipment`s annual celebration of trucks, returns to the Summit Racing Retail Super Store on Saturday, September 10. Bring your hauler, SUV, or Jeep, and join the party! TruckFest 2005 features:

**Huge Show-N-Shine Competition**
* Hundreds of the area`s hottest trucks--lifted, lowered, restored, and custom
* Top 50 awards presented by Lund
* Best Ride on BFGoodrich Tires wins a $250 gift certificate
* Best Wagon award presented by Extang
* Free show registration: 9 am to 1 pm
* Judging ends at 3:30 pm, awards presented at 4:30 pm

**Activities and Contests**
* Mini-Rubicon rock crawling trail sponsored by Rancho and Dynomax
* Timing tree contest with classes for adults and children 12 and under--prizes for Top 3 in each class

**Summit Racing/BIGFOOT Monster Truck**
* Check out the wildly popular BIGFOOT Monster Truck
* Meet Monster Truck driver Dan Runte

**Huge Manufacturers Midway**
* Talk truck performance with the top name brand manufacturers
* See the latest truck parts and accessories

**Great Deals on Parts**
You can save money on the parts you want with TruckFest show specials--available all day in the Summit Racing Equipment Retail Super Store!

Don`t own a truck, sport-utility, or Jeep? No problem--admission, parking, and shuttle service are all free! Stop by and check out the hottest trucks, SUVs, and Jeeps at TruckFest 2005! For directions to the Retail Super Store, log on to http://www.summitracing.com/redir.asp?email=50820.

Don`t miss TruckFest 2005--the total truck experience!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I will be there for sure. i love that show, i have not missed a super summit show in like 6 years. Hope to see more of you there.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'd go if I knew they would have the Shaker Hood on site and for sale, save on shipping that way and hit a truck show.
Bill

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well call and see if they have the hood in stock. I am not sure if they are doing it this year, but in the past years they gave 10% off all in stock parts.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was under the impression that Summit took the order, and the product ship from the manufacturer. At least with big items such as hoods. I could be wrong.
Bill

G

·
I might take an adventure down from MI there depends on work and gas....got it for 2.99 today :cussing: :mullet: its a kinda mad happy thing i guess so lame

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll be there but not in my R/T. Truck is still down with no engine. I was hoping to have it done for the show but the heads are taking longer than expected. Should be a good time. I always love going through the dealers midway. Pick up alot of info, stickers and stuff. oh and i ALWAYS have to come home with something. Might get a roll pan this time or something. Maybe some tires. WHo knows.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Damn guys only 5 days till the show. i am going to be there bright and early

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I was not very happy with truck fest this year. They had no mud pit, the rubicon trail sucked, and the feebies were not that good. there was alot of nice trucks there, but not to much crazy stuff. I was only there maybe an hour and a half. I hope next year is better, or i will just stop going.

·
Registered
165 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
I was not very happy with truck fest this year. They had no mud pit, the rubicon trail sucked, and the feebies were not that good. there was alot of nice trucks there, but not to much crazy stuff. I was only there maybe an hour and a half. I hope next year is better, or i will just stop going.
My thoughts exactly. I got there about 11 and left by 12:30. I spent most of my time in the store. Vendors were lacking. NO STICKERS. Honestly i didn't even waste my time looking at the trucks. Fuel cost had to have a huge part in it. I noticed alot of empty tables in the vendors area. And when i seen the one side was empty, where they had the mud pit. I knew it was gonna suck ass.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
rtgrouchman said:
Something came up and couldn't make it....maybe that's a good thing. I would rather save the gas so I can get to the track Fri....race and make it back. :biggthump
Yeah you did'ent miss a damn thing. I wish i would have done somethng better with my time. Well lets hope next year is better.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I honestly think it was due to the fuel costs. Think about it alot of the trucks that come have v-8's and are gas guzzlers. Same with the vendors. They have their huge semi's and a long distance to travel for only a one day event. I wouldn't pay the fuel cost for a one day event. I was pissed thought that my truck isn't done and wasn't done for it. I have to say the show is starting to lack. They use to have a burnout contest for trucks and the past 2 years they haven't had it. Whats up with that. I'd go just to enter the burnout contest. Oh well at least they haven't gotten rid of the 10% off........................YET.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.