Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have "high" hopes for this, but I had some extremely thin pipes to expand so I figured I would try it out. These pictures are all after the use of the product

New, it should look something like this.

The top piece, looked like this after the first use.

Then, the piece at the base did not fair to well either.

Overall, both ends were too weak, and one broke in multiple places. I am going to have to talk to Summit and see if I can get it replaced.

After looking at their website they have this information on this product:

Specialty exhaust tools from Summit.

Straighten out crimped, dented, and crushed
exhaust tubing with our Summit tailpipe expanders. Just
a twist of the hex bar and the rugged alloy steel tool
expands in all directions, restoring roundness. Use
one with your impact wrench for heavier tubing and
serious dents.
Summit Racing Equipment® warrants this product for 90 days from the date of purchase. Carburetors SUM-M08600VS, SUM-M08750VS, and SUM-M08750MS carry a 1-year warranty. If the product is used for racing or competition, this warranty is limited to manufacturer defects only; wear and breakage are not covered under any circumstances. If the product shows, in our opinion, evidence of being used or installed contrary to the instructions and/or subjected to improper handling, packaging, or shipping by the customer, it will not be covered by our limited warranty. The liability to Summit Racing Equipment® for losses or damages arising out of any cause whatsoever is limited to the full refund of the purchase price or, at our option, repair or replacement of the product(s). Summit Racing Equipment® shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you
I will see what they can do! :waiting:

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
damn.............I WAS thinking about getting one of those

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
When you get another one, coat the two tapered expanders with grease. If you already did that, ata boy :mullet:

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Wow...I WAS going to get that too, :jester:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts