Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just somethings I have planned for the summer and looking for imput.

Thanks,

Plans for the truck this summer:
- I want to do the roll on bed liner around the rockers & maybe the flares?
- one piece clear headlights
- better fog light bulbs. Perhaps these: http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/881_bulbs.php
- grille
- superchips 3715
- I would like to crank the tb's just an inch in the front to level it out
- Also I'm looking at getting these wheels: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3977864P/
- I got brand new NTG's last summer so I don't need new tires.
- Might remove my hitch too. I never use it or plan to and its just extra weight... If anyone wants it send me a PM
- Plus I have a roll pan ready to go on and I would take it off if I were to do that.
- Also I need to change my plugs, but I've read a lot of different takes on what is best on the 4.7. So I'm trying to get some imput from you guys on which are best.
maybe I should post in the 4.7 section about that...

Imput?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Whatever bulbs you get for the fogs, make sure they're the 90º end. Straight ones won't clear the 01+ lights.

Plugs - Get the standard NGK plugs. 6987 I beleive is the correct plug. Autozone/Advance list it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they have to be 90 degree ends, I made sure of that. Thanks though!

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
go to any autoparts store and get the CyberWhite fog lights, ditch the stockers all together. its $40 for the set. you will have to get creative with mounting since they wont bolt right in, but you wont be disappointed. and they're glass lenses so you wont have to worry about them cracking/fading and lookin like ass, like 90% of the other stock kota fogs out there that have any time on them.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You may be happier with the two piece front lights with separate headlights and clear corners. Some people have had fitment issues with one-piece ones depending on the brand.

·
3,230 Posts
You may be happier with the two piece front lights with separate headlights and clear corners. Some people have had fitment issues with one-piece ones depending on the brand.
ive heard the same thing. i think they look just as good if you get the clear corners for like $35. cleans up the front of the truck real nice. especially if youve got the color matched grille and bumper, and a mesh grille really compliments those clear corners.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to just get the clear corners, but I heard they have fitment issues. Thats why I thought the one piece would be better. But I guess its better to buy something for $20 and not have it fit then buy something for $100 and not fit :huh:

·
3,230 Posts
i had clear corners on my 04, i think i paid like $40 for them on ebay and they fit absolutely perfectly. ill be getting some for my 02 shortly, i love the way the clean the front end up on a kota.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had clear corners on my 04, i think i paid like $40 for them on ebay and they fit absolutely perfectly. ill be getting some for my 02 shortly, i love the way the clean the front end up on a kota.
I know, it looks so much better with the head lights being all clear. I guess I try a set of clear corners first.

I want to upgrade my headlights to something a little brighter. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll probably get the silverstars. Its what I was thinking about getting anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts