Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously contemplating doing suicide doors for my winter project, whats the work load involved, i know what i need to move and so forth, but anyone know of any complications that happen with this particular truck. Anybody done a dak with suistyle before?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I knew it was leap year... but I didn't know we were skipping seasons....

winter.... really?

I like the idea. I mean,... it's either lamborgini doors.. or regular... not many people think about doing suicide. I say go for it,.. be unique.

Paul

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes winter, this is my summer truck, I'm not doing any major modification till winter, Already i have new paint, new hood, shaved door handles (pops are in just need to get rid of the handles) and tonneau cover, but nothing is happening till winter. This way, each summer, something else major is different about it. It's like a new truck, and also im not without it while its being worked on.

I really don't like the way lambos look on a truck, cars are cool, but i dont like it on trucks so i thought suicide would look great, just wondering if I'm gonna run into some problems.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
It would look good, but is played out at shows, so only do it if you really want it. I like them better than Jack knife doors (Lambo Doors)

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
As it might be "played out" it's still a really trick mod, much like shaving your T gate handle, "all show trucks" have that shaved. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Sui Doors would be cool, but honestly contimplate gettin in and out of your truck. In my Older Dakota, I know the Big Ol dash is RIGHT in the f*ckin way... :rant: Maybe on the Pass Side only.. I think that looks cool on trucks too...

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Well MeanThree18, what do you think of a quad cab with sucide in the back lambo up front and pop-locks all around. That's what i am going to do when ever i can get enough $, but by that time that will be "played out" too

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont thgink getting in and out will be too bad, im mainly worried about the latch, getting it lined up pefect might be hard, you know how on an old car evenb if its off a little bit the door shuts like crap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like Dj Wolf's idea about sucide doors on the rear of a QC, I was considering that myself, and also doing my tailgate!

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I've seen a couple of Dakotas with suicide doors at shows, and although suicide doors are not my sort of thing they did look professionally done and cleanly installed. I didn't examine them up close but if I remember correctly they didn't require any advanced modifications outside of what suicide doors require in the first place.

V

·
0 Posts
I would take suicide over lambo myself. You can nevr park under anything and try to open the truck with lambo's:

Couldnt find a pic of a dak with them:

M

·
0 Posts
Waiting for pics of a buddies truck who is getting Lambo doors in the front and suiciding the rears, along with about 12 grand worth of other mods.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
VegasOutkast said:
I would take suicide over lambo myself. You can nevr park under anything and try to open the truck with lambo's:

Couldnt find a pic of a dak with them:

Wow, I saw a lot of them at Cinco de Mayo last night. :jester:

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
N56629 said:
Wow, I saw a lot of them at Cinco de Mayo last night. :jester:
were they hopping too. ?? :joke: :mullet:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts