Dakota Durango Forum banner

Which one of these MTX thunderform 2 10" sub enclosures should I get for my truck?

• Buy used empty & put my 2000 model JL audio W-0 subs

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Buy New w/MTX T4500 subs

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Buy New w/ Xtant Z104 subs

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want one of those MTX thunderform 2 10" sub enclosures for my truck I have 3 choices 1. Buy new one with 2 MtX T4500 subs 2. Buy new with 2 Xtant Z104 subs or 3. Buy used empty & put my 2000 model JL audio W-0 subs :help: :help:

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
I've heard alot of subs in my "day" and MTX (not the El Cheapo series) seem to have a really good "tone" to them. I don't know quite how to exlpain what I am trying to say, but all things the same (IE same truck, same amp, same tune) I though MTX 5000's (a few years old I realize) and the Kicker Comp VR's where the best sounding subs.

I am plannin on adding a couple of Comp VR 10's to my system when some money roll around, but first I desperatly need components, cause 2 of the 4 stock speakers are blown, and buddy does it sound GREAT :woowoo:

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Well IMO I'd stay with the Jl's but thats only cause i Love JL audio and have never heard the other subs.. but i would just try them out since you all ready have them .. if there not to your satifaction then go for the new ones...

C

·
0 Posts
If you have a MTX box stay with MTX subs. They engineer for their subs in particular to go with the thunderform boxes. I have the 600 polished series mtx subs in my thunderform and they pound much nicer than any others I tried. My friend has a shop and he let me test JL,Kicker,Pioneer,Alpine and more and honestly the mtx's had a cleaner,tighter and all around better quality feel for every type of music played with about 1000 watts pumping. Your call though I have all 8 JL audio components with 2 MTX amps,box and 2 10" subs. All around clean great sound.

Good luck, Christian

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
with sub-woofers they need a certain amount of volume(size) in a speaker box.all quality subs list this infomation in the spec list.most sub makers,but not all, carry subs for smaller enclosurers.all you need to do is the math.

·
Registered
50 Posts
well i just ordered the mtx box with no subs for my 99 r/t dak. Got a audio shop here in kentucky that is going to put 2 JL W3 subs in place of the mtx subs. Also going with a Memphis Audio 1000x1 for the subs and memphis audio 100x4 for the speakers. Not sure on the deck just yet either panasonic or eclipse. But i'll let you know how everything sounds when its installed. Should be some time end of next week. Wont get the box in until tues or wed. But will let you know how everything sounds.

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay I think after reading so far I'll prolly buy the MTX combo box/subs listen to em & then pop the JL's in & take a listen & which ever sounds better stays... & I'll sell the other & if I sell the MTX's I can prolly sell em for 125-150 dollarswitch would be like I payed less money for the box than if I bought it solo but keep the replys comming I haven't quite made up my mind yet

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok it's done I bought the combo :) freak it thanks all for the input :biggthump :clap2: :mullet: :banana2: I'll keep yall posted on weather I keep the MTX or JL audio's & take pictures to show yall the custom Paint job I'mma give the box

1 - 10 of 10 Posts