Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the dimensions behind the rear seats to make a sub box. i know this sounds lazy but i am currently over seas and wanted to make up some plans in my free time thanks for any info.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dimensions???

I may have to pull my patterns and such out to check. It depends on a few things. (1) Do you plan to cut/remove the pad from the back wall? (2) Are you planning to remove/fill the vents on the back wall? (3) Are you planning on cutting the jack bracket from the floor and relocating your jack? If this is the case, I may be able to help you shortly. I needed this info when I was in Iraq, as I planned a box when I returned. Unfortunately, I was unable to get accurate measurements until after I returned, so a LOT of planning time was lost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cut/remove the pads do you mean the carpet if so i can... also back wall vents yes they will be removed and filled, and as far as the jack goes i could go either way also where did you mount the amp at? kinda tight behind there and my amp is kinda large. and yea it gets kinda boring sometimes here but ill be home soon hopefully so any help you can give will be awesome thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I have two 8" subs in a little less than .6cf enclosure on the passenger side. The measurements of it is 25.5" (might need to re-check that) wide, 14" tall, bottom depth is 7.5" and top depth is 4". I have two amplifiers stacked on top of eachother, mounted on the wall at the other side. To get any good space back their, cutting out that carboard wall cover is a MUST DO, and so is removing the vents. Gotta get the metal loop thing that holds the jack out of their too. I didn't have any tools to cut it, so I borrowed my dads air chisle and it cut right through that sombitch!

Here's a video of my subs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF_68DyY1x8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, now i can draw up some plans and save myself some r&d time. I cant wait to get this done when i get home i'm pretty excited to even drive it again.

·
Beast
84 Posts
I bought a premade box from a stero shop, sorry I don't know the dimensions. I have 1 10 inch orion sub behind the two folding seats. It fits but I had to cut out the jack bracket and remove the seat to install it. It works with the seats in but you cant fold them. And my amp is mounted under my drivers seat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Somebody had a nice idea for a sub box that would allow you to still be able to use the folding seat function. To take the 40-60 bench and buy another 40 replace the 60 with it. then you have 20% rear room to build a box.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Somebody had a nice idea for a sub box that would allow you to still be able to use the folding seat function. To take the 40-60 bench and buy another 40 replace the 60 with it. then you have 20% rear room to build a box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts