Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I have a 1999 dakota 5spd rwd. I have to take the entire 2 piece driveshaft out so i can have it rebalanced. My question is: the ballbearing asembly is bolted to the cross-member with 2 bolts. I can't get them loose. Anyone think that heating them up would cause a problem so close to that assembly? I plan on replacing the bolts anyway, so im not aposed to cutting them but i thought i would ask you guys before i did anything stupid....

Thanks Jim

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
hey man,

a stupid question is one not asked first off. i would heat them up. just the bolts though, grease up the bearing assembly real good, the use just enough heat to break them loose. but try a breaker bar first.

ever think of replacing that driveshaft for a one piece aluminum one? i did that on my ram (had to--it was out of spec from the factory), so i bitched because they gave me a run around, they put one on for nothing. truck ran a littlt stronger after that. less rotational mass to move.

just a thought.

jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.