Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front passenger seat in my 97 Dakota Club Cab is stuck all the way back and there's no room in the back seat. The seat covers the back mounting bolts so I can't replace the seat. Any ideas how to unstick the sliding rails? :help:

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
stshadow said:
The front passenger seat in my 97 Dakota Club Cab is stuck all the way back and there's no room in the back seat. The seat covers the back mounting bolts so I can't replace the seat. Any ideas how to unstick the sliding rails? :help:
If you can smash you head against the carpet, you should be able to see a wire that runs across, bare steel wire. It connects the two little "lockers" that hold the seat in place, when you pull/twist the handle, it pulls this cable so BOTH sides are released. I've had this cable snap before, that's what my problem was. I pulled the cable with some needlenose so I could get the seat forward enough to unbolt it, and then put in a new cable once I got the seat out... :biggthump

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
stshadow said:
If it doesn't work, get a bigger hammer. :joke:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.