Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ststurbo.com/

:help: I think we should all write these guys letting them know we want a turbo for our 4.7's!!! Someone posted this on a different thread and I've been doin my research and it seems like a pretty good system. Even if you don't want it, or don't plan on force inducing your D or Dak, please take a lil time out of your schedule to write them anyway for those of us who would like it? They have a universal kit, but it's much more expensive to instal and tune; so if they have a marketable kit for the 4.7, that would be cheaper and frickin awsome :mullet: I will be forever greatful if you do this for me...I mean, us :bow:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought the STS for mine and after looking at it, you can do it your self for a whole lot less! The big expense is actually the electric oil pump. The basics are a T-4 turbocharger(for a 3.9), wastegate, BOV, tubing. Oil pump (Westech makes a nice one), gauges, misc fittings, and a welder. For a 4.7 you could substitute a t-44 in place for the actual turbo. If I ever get home from this deployment, I plan on posting pictures of the install and numbers from the dyno.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niiiice, that'd be frickin awsome w/pix because I'm not the most mechanically savve person here, lol. When's ur deployment over? With my damn luck I'll be SRPing as you're comming back home...I hear Kuwait is a pretty nice local to be at right now tho :drive:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am actually in Russia right now (yes behind the former iron curtain), I was in the middle east last month. I will be back home the 1st week in April (if not sooner)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's good...They're not talkin about deploying for the rest of my unit AT LEAST until July/August...so that's plenty of time to see how to do this bad boy. I don't think too many people are writing STS for our 4.7's...GET ON IT PEOPLE!!! :banana2:

·
Registered
288 Posts
turbo 4.7

I have a turbo and some components on order for my 4.7 quad cab 5 speed. Majstic turbo is making me a turbo to work, i plan to get the whole thing done for arround $2,500 including new jba headers. this price is estimated high to include the cost of all new components. The turbo is oil and liquid cooled. Supposedly will spool arround 2500 to 2800 rpm. i expect a little over 500 hp at the motor at 8 psi. Also have custom exhaust with one cat, krc 206 cams. and a custom intake. Kinda stupid tho i just got that intake and with the turbo i have no need for it. I have a 3 inch body lift with 33 baja claw's but that is comming off with the turbo install.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got home 2 April, the turbo went in a week later. Works great, sounds better, and really woke the truck up! :banana2:

·
Registered
284 Posts
No I have not put it on the dyno yet. I did make a pass with it this past weekend and it ran 14.25 @ 99 mph (sure beats the 16.50's before the install). The 60' time was crap, but she really picked up on the big end. I only ran it once because I am still afraid of kicking the rods out and she was really zinging the motor. I just will feel better putting more miles on the setup before I go run it hard with the nitrous shot on top of the boost for the 1st 60'. All that being said I am happy for a V6...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds awsome. I don't really want to put a supercharger on my Kota because I have plenty of power at the low end...I just want some highend power so I can use the full range of my power band. It sounds like this is perfect for me. Now if I can just magically find $5,000 laying around :biggthump ! E4 pay just isn't cutting it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts