Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· gettin hearing aids by 30
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was woundering if anybody has put stobs in the corner of the turn signal.
i have seen strob kits for headlights, but was unsure how they would look in dakota.
on an another note what brand of underbody lights would get?

· Registered
404 Posts
i used to have some crappy ones, its pretty easy i just drill a hole and wire it to ur battery then a switch in the cap, looks bad ass, i probley gonna go buy some more on tuesday, they sell some decent ones at pepboys for like 100 bucks, redline i think? those r the closest to police strobe lights u are gonna get for under 200.

· Banned
782 Posts
First off...

STROBES

Second off.. yeah, alot of people have done it.. Mopardrivnfireman has strobes all over his truck, along with Rice_Killer, ummm.. Yellowkota2k has some.. and on top of it all if you want to talk to someone about modifying the lights, talk to Rooknute... he's rigged up some blue lights throughout his corners before.. it doesn't look bad at all. He should be able to give you a good idea.

· Registered
468 Posts
Yes its easy to get done
I have a setup in mine,Look close the strobe is next to the outside amber

Show Me branded six light setup

RICK

· Registered
175 Posts
I have both strobes and the Plasmaglow multicolor underbody LCD's. The strobes were easy to install, just take your time and be careful drilling out the lens as to not flake the "chrome" off. I used masking tape then drilled through it to keep that from becoming an issue. Here are the underbodys various colors (minus green and yellow) as they dance to the beat of the stereo.

· gettin hearing aids by 30
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i was thinking about the corner that there is a little hole but no light is used there.

Attachments

3,871 Posts
actually i done this back in 02 or 03 after i bought my dak and bought clear corners, alot like police strobes at nite in that location, also i used streetglow blue strobes and they are bright.i drilled in between the fork peice and corner on the back, and afterwards blew the shavings out w/ compressed 80 psi air. pretty simple. but now im looking to get rid of the clears, strobes, and leds.

· Banned
782 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
actually i done this back in 02 or 03 after i bought my dak and bought clear corners, alot like police strobes at nite in that location, also i used streetglow blue strobes and they are bright.i drilled in between the fork peice and corner on the back, and afterwards blew the shavings out w/ compressed 80 psi air. pretty simple. but now im looking to get rid of the clears, strobes, and leds.

Got any pictures / video of what it looked like Addicted?

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
darwinbohnke said:
i was thinking about the corner that there is a little hole but no light is used there.
The only problem with using the upper corner is that there isn't a recess for lenses/wiring/etc. behind the lens when it's installed in the truck. On my '01 R/T I installed a second set of parking lights in there so the entire lens would light up at night, it was a pain in the butt to grind down the socket far enough so that it would wedge into place. If you were to take a dremel cutting tool and open up the panel it would probably work.

I am planning on doing this routine with my '03 R/T so the upper section that isn't tinted will light up properly at night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.