Dakota Durango Forum banner

What are the best looking stripes for a black R/T?

• Shelby double-stripe

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • R/T Bumblebee stripe

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.9%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to change the hood and grille on my ride soon, probably add a Sniper skirt kit and roll pan while I'm in there. Since my truck was debadged - and badly - I"m going to do some paintwork too.

So thats the point of this poll. My truck is Black. Not just Black, but BLACQUE. It needs some accents. Might as well bring some stripes to the party after the kit goes on.
Should I do the bold, double stripe down the center (which I presume is the ones known as "Shelby-style" stripes), or the single fat R/T band around the tail? I added a 3rd poll option for "Other" in case someone here has a better idea.

One other thing... what color stripe looks best on black?

R/T:

Shelby:

· I like trucks
510 Posts
Well Chuck I said the shelby stripes but let me explain why. A couple things.

Both the stripes look awesome. But the shelby stripes is soemthing that has requirements. Those shelby's look expecially mean and aggressive, but if you dont have the truck to back it up, you cant pull it off. You absolutely *IMO* have to have some balls under the hood or in my eyes your kind of a poser. So on a basically stock R/T I wouldnt like the shelby's.

The fat band on the bed is kinda universal. Stock or modded it would look damn good, and modded it would be kind of a sleeper graphic just because you can get them stock with the truck.

Good luck either way, its gonna look baad no matter which one you do :biggthump

Oh and for the color, I think the oens in the pics look good, silver or red, If you wanna really stand out go yellow, but if you do that its absolutely mandatory that you do some serious mods, Thats like a mandatory 12-13 sec truck to have black with yellow stripes, and again this is just MHO.

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
I honestly don't care for the bed band. Shelby stripes look great. On black I would say silver is the best color for stripes.

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T.j. said:
Both the stripes look awesome. But the shelby stripes is soemthing that has requirements. Those shelby's look expecially mean and aggressive, but if you dont have the truck to back it up, you cant pull it off. You absolutely *IMO* have to have some balls under the hood or in my eyes your kind of a poser.

Does a Kenne Bell Supercharger count? :D

· I like trucks
510 Posts
Yea im retarded didnt see your sig, looks like your well on your way :biggthump :mullet:
Just go with the shelby's :biggthump

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a cheap source for them? They don't add any HP so I need to watch the dress-up budget. :D

· Registered
2,398 Posts
I like the Bumble Bee stripe. It's a Mopar unique stripe. I like the double stripes but there are way too many cars/trucks/suvs on the road with them.

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CYCLONE_06 said:
Get something like this. Very different. Only ever saw it on one truck, this one.

Really? There's several of those in my area. It actually looks kind of mundane in person.

· One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
No, i mean the rear stripes complimenting the hood decal. Goes together nicely, and its different. Usually you only see the bed stripes.

~CYCLONE_06

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe I'm just not seeing what you're seeing... Three pics of a yellow truck with a black center detail on the hood and a bumblebee stripe on the back?

We have several in this area, and they just aren't that dramatic in person.

· One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
Do ya ? The truck has the Super Bee stripes on the back, and a Super Bee decal on the hood.

Ive never seen any others like it. It was featured in a magazine. Im not saying there are, but... Ive never seen any.

How many have I seen with the rear butt stripe ? Countless amounts. How many have I seen with shelby stripes ? Countless amounts.

Go with what you like best.

~CYCLONE_06

· Registered
1,673 Posts
I normally can't stand center stripes, too universal. Sv74's look sweet, though. I think because they form with the hood and are nice and fat.

I voted for the Bee stripes, I want to put them on my truck. Mine is black as well, and I have been trying to decide if I wanted Yellow to stand out, or black to be subtle.

Most of my changes are cosmetic, though, so maybe yellow is out!

· 14 cylinders
1,593 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
What kind of grill insert is that? It doesn't look to be Street Scene (I can almost garentee it isn't) but it doesn't look like standard Expanded Metal either. I quite like the "grain" of it... Do Tell!
Looks like Race Mesh to me. It comes in sheets, and you cut it yourself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.