Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question,
I bought the ss gen II bumper cover and I currently have ss grill inserts for my stock lower valance. Would I be able to have the bumper just cover my valance and use my inserts that I have like the stillen does?

· Registered
137 Posts
i believe you are supposed to cut out the stock vertical bars before installation according to the street scene manual. i am not positive though and you might be able to figure out another way...

-OR- maybe if you have to sell the inserts you have now and use that money for the 2 piece street scene bumper inserts.

572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just wanting to use my inserts I have now so I don't have to pay extra for new inserts. Hopefully someone on here has figured something out though and/or has done this already.

572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NICE! Thanks bro, I'll contact that guy and ask away :mullet:

· 98 dakota sport
42 Posts
Well i did do it the hard way but i dident want that fat single nob in the middle of the lower valence. I got my grinder out :banana2: before i painted and i went to it just kept test fiting it dident turn out that bad. Remeber its only a cover sooo up close it shows it. ill take some pics of up close for you. Hope this helps

· 98 dakota sport
42 Posts
the pics hope you dont mind the dirtyness it rained today

572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Intense Dak, Can you shoot a couple pics of the front end from a couple feet away and some side angles as well? Just a little closer than the ones you have on your post. I appreciate the help bro, saves me time and money, I just don't wanna waste $70 on something I really don't need to get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.