Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is in regards to a thread on this forum called

"street racing - warning: graphic images inside" back in august

I wasn't on this site when this thread started and I have a different strong opinion about this topic that I would like to share.

showing those type of images and saying "this is what happens when you street race" is obsurd...this is the same tactic the goverment uses to try to brainwash there views into society...granted if those people were not racing that wouldn't of happen to them but let's look at the big picture here.

more people die from car crashes obeying traffic laws then street racing..I'm not sure what the exact ratio is but thats a give in...tire blow outs, falling asleep at the wheel, siesures, heart attacks, getting hit by a drunk driver, getting hit by a 16 year old newly licensed kid, etc. the list could go on forever.

if you are telling me you shouldn't street race because this is what will happen to you and then show a sickening image then I could post a similar image of someone all beat to sh*t and dead who was driving down the freeway at 75 mph and hit an elk and say we shouldn't be driving cars period or this is what will happen to you...but no one wants to look at it this way because they NEED to drive to work, grocery store, or even just go on a leisurly drive.. all of which are self gratifying because our ancestors lived there lives just fine with horse and buggy. contrary to popular belief we do not NEED cars/trucks. they are a luxory and a risk we are willing to take to get what we want, just like street racing is not necessary. It's a luxory and a risk street racers are willing to take to get what they want(respect).

so when a 35 year old mom dies in an car wreck where she was obeying traffic laws we morn, empathise, and feel bad for her. yet when a 21 year old single male is killed street racing we spit on him and call him stupid for street racing. I say, if you think it's ok to treat the dead 21 year old like that for being selfish and street racing then we should spit on the 35 year old mother and call her selfish for obeying the speed limit and hitting an elk because she could of just walked or rode a horse to where she was going. in my mind these two examples are the same thing and we should empathise with both of them.

I could go on and on about this and government conspiracies and so forth that our making us think this way but I don't want to bore anyone

end of rant :cussing:

please don't flame me too hard :biggthump

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ace said:
i think 1, it doesnt need to be talked about nemore, and 2, thats a crappy way of looking at it, race at UR own risk, if i am obeying the law and u hit me cause ur being a dumbass on the road then how is that fair? but if u hit me due to a blow out its diffrent, i can understand that. there is nothing safe about street racing, its uncontrolled and netiing can happen. why should u spit on a mom for going to the grocery store? thats a dumbass immature way of looking at it.
isn't everyone who is on the road at some risk of hurting someone else? can you garuntee me 100 percent that if you obey all traffic laws you aren't going to hurt anyone tomorrow? so the race at UR own risk comment is bogus..if you're in a car you are at risk of hurting someone other then yourself. it's all relative and subjective.

about spitting on the mom, you missed my point...I was showing a relation between the mom and the streetracer and how both should be delt the same respect. i don't feel anyone should ever be disrespected at anytime especially if they were killed in a car wreck street racing or not..no one is perfect and no one has the right to judge IMO

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MoPaR DaK said:
Bottom line is... Accidents will happen just because they are well.. Accidents. They're not intended.. but just happen... Going the speed limit and driving like you're supposed to is far more safe than racing in traffic or some back road where a little kid is riding his bike and gets killed by a car racing another. So don't bring up the "people die every day going the speed limit" thing because that is completely different. However, street racing on the other hand can raise the risk or causing accident to the drivers and everybody else around. No matter what you all say, street racing is wrong. As I was told in school "Your fun ends where everyone elses begins." Why is it so hard to just obey the laws that keep us safe and civilized?
i agree with you and try not to race or goof around myself, but I don't feel it's fair to look down upon someone because they are taking the risk and causing risk to someone else because you are doing the same thing everday when you turn your ignition...just not at the same level as a street racer. so just because a street racer is taking more risk then what our government says to take makes him a bad person? our nation was founded on rebellions who took unneccesary risks against laws put on them by a higher power and look where we are today...just because someone disagrees with a law or choose not to obey a law does not make them a bad person. they may face certain consequences (especially if they are caught)..but I refuse to believe just because a person is choosing to disobey a law it makes it ok to talk sh*t about them.

"what is right and what is wrong is in the eye of the beholder"

at the same time without laws there would be chaos and confusion, and I understand this, it's a catch 22 ...but I don't feel I can judge someone who is street racing and tell them what they are doing is wrong and they are bad...i feel they deserve the same respect I would like to be treated with.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
""Now that I've said that, this is my next and most legit point. There's two kinds of danger in the world. Necessary, and Unnecessary. Whoever made the comment earlier about we don't NEED cars and that we could do w/o them, you don't know what you're talking about. I'd like to think this world has evolved since the 1870s. Thats like saying we don't need planes. I've got a business trip in Japan next week, and you're telling me I don't NEED a plane, or a car for that fact? I could get there somehow differently, but just as fast? Sorry bud, this is the 2000s, not the 1870s. We need cars, or our world as we know it would not be this advanced. So that brings me to my point about NECESSARY DANGERS. It is necessary to drive a car. If you're in that car and the 18 wheeler switches lanes w/o seeing you and takes you out, the 18 wheeler was not purposefully doing anything wrong. He made a human error. Unfortunately that costs everyone.""

this is kind of going off the subject but I just wanted to define what a need is
or what is neccesary

will you survive if you don't go to japan?
I know I can survive without going to japan so I'm assuming you could as well. you don't need it.

is it necessary for our world to be this advanced? well, us humans have been around for a long time without being this advanced so I'm going to assuming no

a need to me is something I have to have to survive.

I think your definition of what is a need is a little distorted, but to each his own

this is getting a little too philisophical so I'm just going to shut up and keep my thoughts..thanks for everyones input and thanks for listening :biggthump

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
SLVRBLT said:
"Clean up on aisle five please"...."I repeat, Clean up on aisle five"
:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:
just curious, but why do you want to lock the thread down so bad?...I can never figure this out...does it offend you if people keep replying or something?
no one is making you read it right?

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
02DakRT said:
check out the last 4 and a half pages, its cool to debate and everything but once it ends up the way it did its better to just lock it so it doesnt go any further...and yea i know i was in the middle of it, but i didnt take it as far as somebody did. and i apologized for it and just stopped there, so its not that ppl are replying...its that it went from a discussion to...well the :bs2: that covers up the last 4pages or so :biggthump
understand..thanks for the clarification :biggthump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.