Dakota Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want or mean to sound preachie, I just want to put my input about street racing. These are powerful vehicles and that power must be respected. To give you an idea of what can happen to you or someone else, check out these pics of a real incident that occured from a street race.

WARNING: These are very graphic. Not recommended for viewing if you have weak stomach.

Stay safe. Stay alive.

Attachments

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Wow that is absolutely appauling.
Sadly, street racing and drunk driving will continue without any consideration of consequences like these.

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
Grrr, I am NOT thrilled having this in my forum. I will leave it, FOR NOW.

To relate street racing to drunk driving is assanine also.

·
Texas
207 Posts
:rant:Those's are not for the weak. When will they learn there are tracks for that. Like you said though some people do not care.

"Just because my truck as lots of HP. It does not mean I will be racing and speeding around town."

·
Texas
207 Posts
DaPurpleRT said:
Grrr, I am NOT thrilled having this in my forum. I will leave it, FOR NOW.

To relate street racing to drunk driving is assanine also.
I can understand how you feel. From my POV its kinda funny to allow stuff like that. When people were really up in arms about that Jannet jackson boob showing. I remember watching that last year. I wasnt sure what happened still the news later that night. The point about street racing to drunk driving was that people do it with out regard to others on the road. Im not saying dont drink or street race. Just drink at home where you dont have to drive and race on a track. Not tring to start any thing and like i said just my POV.

·
1,229 Posts
Well, 2 people can have control of their minds to go out to a totally empty road and have a short speed competition.

A drunk driver does NOT have the ability to make any decision at all. Their mind is in an ALTERED state.

I think it's utterly ridiculous to compare the two.

·
Registered
826 Posts
BUT
Most younger Racers dont Go To A Deserted Road,They will race any where any time

RICK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Street racing and drunk driving are definitely two separate issues. I think everyone can agree they are both dangerous. I know not everyone street races. All I'm saying is take your life and the life and safety of others into consideration before you take action. Sorry for the images (I at least warned you) but that's what can happen. That's all I needed to say about this to say. I'm not trying to start a debate about this nor am I trying to tell anyone how to live their life. It was just intended as a heads up. PEACE! :mullet:

·
Registered
396 Posts
that last picture is just nuts...it's just sad and sucks that it happens...i probably shouldn't street race but if some one pulls up next to me at a light i wouldn't be able to stop myself from racing them

·
Registered
388 Posts
actually those pictures were around for awhile, well i dunno about the first one. The blue integra was from hawaii...he flew off the freeway and into a light pole below...lovely eh? The last two pics I believe were from a ferrari crash...the results weren't pretty going 180 mph+. There was a case at the same time these pics appeared about two lamborghini diablos racing in italy...in excess of 190 mph they came across a mother and her kids driving the speed limit. Trying to avoid the car going 120 mph slower than they were they hit each other and took out the slower car as well. Everyone involved was killed.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well i don't think street racing is a good idea, but it is not as bad a drunk driveing if it is done in the right place, I use to street race all the time, but I almost had a bad accident doing it so I stoped, for a while, it is hard for me not to When i am out in the Stang and some punk try's to get smart it's hard not to just smoke his ass. :drive:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I think that's sad. that's someone's son or daughter

·
Registered
109 Posts
as someone who goes to street races weekly, i will admit there are a lot of people who ruin the fun. i for one stopped going for a while because people were drinking down there. one drunk guy broke my mirror with a bottle because he said it was too nice for a white boy, and said my daddy bought it (which he did not). but the races are pretty well organized, everyone meets in parking lots and its usually alot of fun. sure there is the occasional accident, ive seen a few but the ones who i have seen that have been on the news didnt happen where the crowd was, they were all off on there own. i know it is dangerous and illegal(gotten my share of tickets to prove that) it is mostly all in fun and very organized. actually most of the the racers know eachother, alot of racers know who i am just because of my car, its kind of funny when you never talked to someone but they know who you beat the week before or who has beaten you. its not as easy to just go to a track, but come spring thats where ill be.

·
1,229 Posts
180 and 190? That is just unthinkable on a public highway.

Racing in and out of traffic like the riceboys proudly do is what causes the accidents and is totally ridiculous......

S

·
0 Posts
200mph is crossing about 4 football field legths per second and that is completely irresponsible on a public road. Ive been guilty of hitting high speeds on the freeway with no traffic around but im not stupid about it.

Q

·
0 Posts
I hate to see that kind of image, but street racing has been around since the invention of the automobile. I grew up with stories of my mom and dad racing in high school, the wins,losses, and the wraps around the telephone poles. But let me tell you. Daddy said when I got my drivers license, if I got caught racing, or heard stories around town of me racing he would pull out the the blow torch and hack saw and cut my car to pieces. Maybe this is what a few youngins out there need.

Tell me why all the sudden is there a huge hype about street racing. It has been making the papers where I live quite often this last year and I visit 3 other makes of car boards and they are all over street racing. I've lived in the same fairly small town all my life 60,000 people give or take, and like I said grew up with my parents stories of it, hung with it in HS, and in all these years have not seen the hype it's getting now. Was there an increase in street racing or just bringing it out of the closet with the "Fast and the Furious", movies?

Opinions,... anyone.

·
Stupid-stamped for life
692 Posts
DaPurpleRT said:
Well, 2 people can have control of their minds to go out to a totally empty road and have a short speed competition.

A drunk driver does NOT have the ability to make any decision at all. Their mind is in an ALTERED state.

I think it's utterly ridiculous to compare the two.
an altered mental status is loosely based here as "under the influence of a substance", alchohol btw is a narcotic. when you engage in a race you get the shaky " fight or flight" syndrome, caused by epinephrine and dopamine to name a few. i would think this would also affect your judgement. so, while they are seperate issues, they are still equal issues.

T

·
0 Posts
I street race sometimez i will admit. But I bet you that just about everybody on this forum has street raced once in there life. I not saying everybody but I bet atleast 80% to 90% has. I look at it like this however god has it planned for me to die then that's the way I will die. Whether it's in a street race or because of old age it's all in his hands.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Tell me why all the sudden is there a huge hype about street racing. It has been making the papers where I live quite often this last year and I visit 3 other makes of car boards and they are all over street racing. I've lived in the same fairly small town all my life 60,000 people give or take, and like I said grew up with my parents stories of it, hung with it in HS, and in all these years have not seen the hype it's getting now. Was there an increase in street racing or just bringing it out of the closet with the "Fast and the Furious", movies?

Opinions,... anyone.[/QUOTE]

"Fast and the Furious" definitely had a huge impact on the perceptions of import/sport compact racing. I can't believe they're coming out with a Part 3 :redx: I think the differences between the days of our parents and today's racing is (1) there were fewer cars on the road, and (2) fewer cars that could be modified. Now they have parts for virtually any car you can think of. It's more of a social trend than it is for genuine automotive enthusiasts. Now some teenagers (but certainly not all) get their first or second car, get the exhaust and intake from mail order paid by credit cards, and have them installed at one of the many performance shops springing up (take your pick) and pick races with anything they can find. Then Hollywood sensationalizes driving through crowded streets at high speeds through traffic with no seat belt and no one gets hurt. It's kind of weird how it works. Even as a kid, I never watched TV and thought if you paint a hole in the side of a mountain you can actually go through it. Not everyone is careless and a lot of people are actually making a good name for the industry and are working hard to see it thrive. But there are a few that give it a bad reputation and the media doesn't always help. Even when I did use to street race it would be on a deserted road, just me and the racer, with no one else in danger. Now I just race at the track. (I have a better chance at getting sponsors that way.) Anyway :sorry: to ramble on like this. I can see this is a touchy subject. I would just hate to have to see or hear about someone going through what I'm still going through after being sent to the hospital from a street racer. The pain from the injuries is actually starting to get more tolerable. So that's my 2 cents (or 3 or 4). Peace 2 all! :biggthump

T

·
0 Posts
I think it was around before fast and furious. I just think that the moive just and the spark. Cause I was racing when I was in High School and that was 94-98. Yes it is stupid to race in heavy traffic but if your on a open road in light traffic then why not. I know my what I can handle and what I can't handle. Don't don't go racing during rush hour if I race then it is at night. I'm not saying that u are totalled wrong V8 dragon I do agree with some of ur points and I sorry for what happen to you. I'm just speaking on how I feel

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.