Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

My 98 ad my brother in laws 99 ... SLT (5.9L) are showing similar symptoms. I also heard the same type of engine noise on a 05 Durango Hemi.

At idle, whether in gear or not, there is a weird kinda thumping noise (ever so low) coming from the engine compartment.... you cannot hear it from the outside, nor underneath, only when sitting in the vehicle ? Does anyone have any clue ? Ever heard this or had this ? :help:

When cruising or driving around at normal speeds ... no symptom what so ever .... Should I be worried ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My last car was a Taurus SHO. Fast as sin, but plauged with problems. The kicker was the last one. The blend door actuator (which opens/closes the AC pathway when the AC is on) became stuck and would make a sound like a 3 lb sledge hitting the firewall once every 2 seconds. When AC was engaged it would blow fully heated air out the vents. In South Carolina. In the 100 + degree summer. :cussing: I don't know if the D is set up the same way, but I shudder to think it might be.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks,

My 98 ad my brother in laws 99 ... SLT (5.9L) are showing similar symptoms. I also heard the same type of engine noise on a 05 Durango Hemi.

At idle, whether in gear or not, there is a weird kinda thumping noise (ever so low) coming from the engine compartment.... you cannot hear it from the outside, nor underneath, only when sitting in the vehicle ? Does anyone have any clue ? Ever heard this or had this ? :help:

When cruising or driving around at normal speeds ... no symptom what so ever .... Should I be worried ?
Did you ever figure out where the noise was coming from or what was causing it? My 99 Durango has the same exact issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts