Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Quad Cab Motorsports Edition, and it came with 255/65's on Powdercoated Black 16x8's. The original tires were a special Yellow-lettered Goodyear, which has been discontinued.

I am looking to stay with Goodyear, and the racing theme, and the original wheels. There is an Eagle "Nascar", but not in the 255/65 size. The closest I can find is a 235/55, which will be almost 3" less in Outside Diameter, is designed for the the correct rim width, and has an 8.5 inch thread width.

I just lowered the truck using a stock R/T setup (thanks SinCity R/T), which lowered the rear 3" and the front 1 1/2".

Any opinions out there on whether the 235/55 will look decent?

Thanks!

:confused:

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
if ya want the same size as stock try the goodyear eagle LS. that's what my bro did for his. then he used a paint pen to color the letters. looks good too! i got his spare for my truck so i have two brand new eagle 1's for mine and 4 worn one's. gotta keep it looking good for the car shows.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, another choice:

Goodyear also has a 285/60/16 Nascar Eagle #1, that will fit the 8" rim width, and is 29.4 inches in diameter, as opposed to the 29.0 height of the OEM tire.

Again, any help or thoughts on this would be greatly apprieciated. I'm not sure Discount Tire will order me a set, just to see what they look like.

Thanks!

:whip:

·
Registered
388 Posts
If it is 0.4 inches difference, then it's just about half an inch...which in overall diameter i doubt would be noticeable. The difference between a 285/60 (6.65 inches of sidewall) and a 255/65 (6.53 inches of sidewall) is about .12 inch (what I calculated it to be anyways). Doesn't seem bad at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and got the 285's.

Now with it lowered onto the R/T springs, it really looks nice. I'll post some pics this weekend of a before and after.

:mullet:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts