Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure most have seen my keyless start system I installed. I noticed today that when I use the hidden switch, the stereo and wipers do not come on. When I inert a key and put it in the run position, both work fine.

This tells me that I still need to find another Accessory wire to power up, but which wire?

2001 Dakota....

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
This should clear it up a bit :biggthump

- 12volts pnk/blk & red/lt blu + ignition harness
- Starter yellow + ignition harness
- Ignition blue + ignition harness
- Second Ignition green/red (18 ga) + ignition harness
- Accessory black/orange + ignition harness
- Second Accessory green + ignition harness
- Power Lock white/green - conn. 2, pin 10 @ CTM
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru a 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
The Central Timer Module is in the driver kick panel.

- Power Unlock same wire
- Lock Motor orange/black conn. 2, pin 4 @ CTM
Notes: The Central Timer Module is in the driver kick panel.
- Unlock Motor blue (4 dr only) conn. 2, pin 6 @ CTM
Notes: The 2 door models do not have progressive unlock on the factory keyless.

- Parking Lights+ black/yellow headlight switch
- Parking Lights- red/yellow conn. 1, pin 4 @ CTM
- Door Trigger - CTM
Notes: The driver door trigger is tan in connector 2, pin 15. The passenger door trigger (and rears on the 4dr) is tan/red in connector 2, pin 13. Use both and diode isolate each.

- Dome Supervision use door trigger
- Factory Alarm Arm lt. green/orange - conn. 2, pin 14 @ CTM
Notes: Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger thru a 1565 ohm resistor. MUST use relays. This wire will also lock the doors, and it will unlock with a double pulse.

- Disarm No Unlock
- Tachometer ignition coil
Notes: On the 2.5L/3.9L/5.9L models use black/gray at the ignition coil. The 4.7L models have an ignition coil for each cylinder, use the wires that is NOT green/orange at one of the coils.
- Brake Wire white/tan + brake pedal switch
- Horn Trigger black/red - steering column or CTM

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, but I don't see stereo in there anywhere? Did I maybe not get a good connection at one of the accessory wires? I was forced to use those goddamned crimp splicers, I hate not being able to solder larger wires, my iron isn't hot enough...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked and I am getting 12V at the taps off the ignition and accessories, so that was not the problem. I think I have been following the general instructions for wiring a remote start. That being the likely case, I need to find the wires that run the rest of the circuits that aren't activating and make another rlay pack to power them up.

I need:
-Stereo
-Power windows
-Multifunction switch (wipers/washer/blinkers)

I have been pouring over my wiring diagrams. Can someone verify these are the correct wires?

From the CTM, Yellow/Dark Green should power the wiper relay.

From the CTM, Violet/Yellow goes to Diagnostic Junction Port, then same color wire from there to the stereo. Should I tap before or after the Junction Port?

From the CTM, there are two wires going to the multifunction switch. One is Red/Orange and is labeled as going to the High Beam Output Switch, the other is Violet/White and is labeled as going to the Low Beam Output Switch.

I also see, from the CTM, a Brown, a Dark Green/Red and a White that lead to the washer switch, wiper switch and the delay (I assume for the wipers), respectively.

That should cover all the items but the power windows, still looking for that one...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It appears that the power windows are not run through the Central Timer. Where can I tap into them? The wiring diagrams are confusing, there are MANY components on a QC power window system!

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
The 2 accesorry wires should run everything. Think about it. Your ignition switch turns on all those things when you turn the key, so anything that needs to be powered up is gonna have to be right in the steering column. You should have to go hunting around the truck for it. If the accessory wires are powered up and still nothing try probing a few of the other wires and see if you get 12V on any of those when the key is turned, but not when you start it with your pack. DON'T MESS WITH THE WIRES IN THE YELLOW/BRIGHT ORANGE SLEEVE!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE YELLOW!!! lol Airbags :biggthump

·
i gots me a duuuhrango!!
33 Posts
any installers out there?

Mine had an autostart on it already when I bought it, but it does the same thing, no radio or wipers till you turn the key on...and you're right, Boomin, those 2 acc wires should take care of everything, but I don't know if that's the case here or not...anybody got any experience installing autostarts on dodge's??

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a 97 dakota and when i installed my alarm with remote start, a viper 791, it didnt turn on the radio or the wippers. you need to add a relay with my alarm for the second acc wire. after i did this all worked fine. some newer alarms have second acc wires built in to them so there is no need for a relay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.