Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post much, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out here. My brother has a stock '04 Dakota standard cab 4wd. He wants to buy some aftermarket rims but we're trying to figure out the stock 16x8" rim specs so we have a starting point. Does 5.5" backspacing sound right? Also, is +25mm offset correct? He's looking at the American Racing Baha's since there doesn't seem to be much out there in 16x8(or for Dakotas period), and he want to stay as close to stock dimensions as possible. However, the Baha's have a 4.5" BS with a 0 offset. He's worried about clearing the front corner of the fenders. They are about an inch away from the tire when turning. Is anyone running Baha's in 16x8, and if so, have you had any problems with clearance? I'd also be open to other rim suggestions as long as they're not too wild looking. He's a few years older than me (I'm 42), and pretty much old school, lol. Anyway, I've been digging around the internet for info for hours and keep coming up empty. If anyone has some insight I'd really appreciate it, thanks!
Eric

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
16X8 6 hole 4.5 lug spacing 5.5 backspacing. Most aftermarket is 4.5, which will move the tire out one inch. One inch out means about 1inch smaller tire required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts