Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any one knows what the deal is with the rear disc brakes on the daks. i picked up my truck and drove it for like a week without noticing that the rears werent drums. last i new the daks didnt have rear disc stock in 2003. but it is all stock. i had the dealer print out a build sheet. It says the truck is a sprt plus model. i keep seeing all these posts about aftermarket conversions for rear disc and just never thought they changed any of the daks to rear disc yet. :evil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Adam said:
i knew i was gonna be wrong with the years. they redone the interior then in the 00 and up models right
Partly....

The 2000 was the first year for the 4.7L
The 2000 was the ONLY year with the 65mm tb on the 4.7L
The 2000 was the ONLY year to have the new style seats and armrest.. but the old style dash and doors.
The 2000 was the last year for the two piece front bumper
The 2000 was the first year for the quad cab.
The 2000 was the first year with the oh $hit handles
The 2000 was the first year with the fan shroud, washer fluid tank and coolant reseror(sp?) as one piece.
The 2000 was the last year the engine was specified on the right and left front quarter panels.

Paul
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam said:
01-04 models came with stock dics brakes 97-00 came with drums
WRONG!

2003 and 2004 where the ONLY two years with stock rear disc brakes. 2002 and older all have drums.

they may have been offered as a stock option, but they are most definitely not stock. my '04 slt plus has rear drums.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,131 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Partly....

The 2000 was the first year for the 4.7L
The 2000 was the ONLY year with the 65mm tb on the 4.7L
The 2000 was the ONLY year to have the new style seats and armrest.. but the old style dash and doors.
The 2000 was the last year for the two piece front bumper
The 2000 was the first year for the quad cab.
The 2000 was the first year with the oh $hit handles
The 2000 was the first year with the fan shroud, washer fluid tank and coolant reseror(sp?) as one piece.
The 2000 was the last year the engine was specified on the right and left front quarter panels.

Paul

Thanks Paul!
You learn something new everyday. Wish I had the oh $hit handles though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
lefthand said:
they may have been offered as a stock option, but they are most definitely not stock. my '04 slt plus has rear drums.

My '03 CC Sport 4X4 lists 4 Wheel Disc Brakes (rear antilock) under "standard equipment"
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Rear discs aren't even an option on the '05s. You can only get drums on the rear. My '04 Sport Plus has 4 wheel disc brakes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Muddymikey said:
Rear discs aren't even an option on the '05s. You can only get drums on the rear. My '04 Sport Plus has 4 wheel disc brakes.
Yes I know... and this erks my chain!

It's part of that new body style thing... bleh.

At least they got smart and had a box frame instead of our crappy frame.

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
If you found a disc brake rear end from a 2003 or 2004,

would it be a direct bolt on for a 2001? Would it, for example, still have the six bolt wheel pattern? Would you need to get the ABS computer, as well, and if so, would it be a direct bolt on, too?

Thanks!

:confused:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top