Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
My muffler has a leak and I want to replace it! I have a 2000 3.9 v6 kota and just need to know what size the muffler is. I am looking at getting a cherry bomb (glasspack) for it. I had them on my 2 previous "trucks" a 1988 s-10 Blazer and a 1989 Jeep Cherokee and loved the way they sound and want to get one for my Kota. Thanks for the help.
-Cody-

oh, and i wanted to make my own side exit in front of the pass rear wheel! Does anyone have plans or know what the best way to do it would be? Sorry for the long post. Thanks again

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
well, the old reliable glasspacks though they may sound cool, have no real perf for the Magnum series motors.

grab a Magnaflow or a MBRP set up. sounds great on a sixer and bout the same price.

once had a set of 18"x3" glass packs on my last truck......78 Ford F-100 with a 390 Poplice Intercepter outta a 66 Galaxy :bow:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response! But, I still don't know what size I need.
Inlet diameter/outlet diameter, lenght of overall muffler or casing. And does anyone know a good cheap site to order from? Thanks again.
-Cody-

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know if i need 2.25 or 2.5? thanks

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
I'm also considering a glasspack for my 01 Dakota R/T. What size would I need?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Go to the Flowmaster web site and look up the size. Also Gibson has a good site where you can look up what you need. I do not believe you will find an exact fit and will need to make some changes from the muffler back.

The old glasspacks will reduce the torque on your motor, I advise to stay away from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts