Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what these old trucks run in the 1/4 mile? My Dad recently bought a brand new Colorado, and the dealership wasn't going to give him squat for his 2000 Dakota with 108k miles as a trade. So he literally just gave it to me. Over the last few weeks I've completely cleaned/detailed the interior, gutted the crusty Infinity stereo and replaced it with all aftermarket components, and have started changing all the fluids and filters.

The car is a 100% stock 4x4 club cab Dakota with 3.92 gears. What did these run in their prime? The weather here won't dip into the negative DA until mid-Oct or so, and by then I should have everything all freshened up and ready to go. So what should I expect? Would it be better to launch it in 4WD or 2WD?

BTW, future plans include a Magnaflow single cat Y-pipe and catback, CAI, manual fan delete (this truck has an electric fan already installed from the factory), and a Superchips tuner or a canned tune from FlyinRyan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! Someone responded! Nice! These forums seem kinda dead, so any response is overwhelming for me.

On the east coast in mid-late Oct, DA can dip into the negatives. Just this morning, at Cecil County Dragway, the DA was about +500... in early Sept. So when I actually get to run the truck, the DA should be in the negatives.

I hope its at least in the 15s stock, cause my bone stock 1984 Z28 with it's 150hp 305ci V8 went 16.0 at 85mph in the 1/4 mile. I would think that 15 years of technology would allow a truck with 0.3L less displacement and 85 more hp (but more weight) would do better.

Guess we will see!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been racing since 1999 which was in my 1989 Corvette L98... went 13.9 at 100mph bone stock in late Feb 1999. So I've been around my fair share of drag strips. Raced many types of cars in between now and then. Can't say I've ever raced a 4X4 Dodge Dakota, though.

Hope to see some positive results in mid - late Oct and beyond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts