Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Dak Sport and want to remove my sitckers but Im afraid they will leave an ugly outline where they used to be. How would I get the outline off?

G

·
blue2000sport said:
I have a 2000 Dak Sport and want to remove my sitckers but Im afraid they will leave an ugly outline where they used to be. How would I get the outline off?
I haven't done it, but I will be sooner or later, but I guess "Goo-B-Gone" works or there is some kind of bar like stuff you rub on & it removes it, or I also read a dishwashing detergent & a little elbow grease works. It's just wax so whatever you think will take the wax off.

Good luck! :biggthump

·
Registered
396 Posts
i removed my decals and pinstriping and i used some stuff similar to goo b gone and then just waxed it and you can't tell it was ever there :mullet:

G

·
Same here, i removed the Dakota SPORT off my doors and the DODGE decal off my tailgate, Just used a hair dryer, some GOO BE GONE and some windex, then just washed waxed and buffed, never looked better!!!!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I just did the same thing. I can still see a ghost of the Dodge and 4x4 on the tailgate, though. I am hoping I can buff it out, but it's hardly noticable.

My truck is black though, a different color might not show ghosts as much.

G

·
stickers

I never had a problem with that on my truck, mine is silver and i just peeled them off and then cleaned it and waxed it and its all good now.

-mark

·
Drop and destroy!!
404 Posts
I kinda taking a shot in the dark here blue2000sport but is your truck a 2000 Intense blue Dakota? It's a 2000 and it's blue is kinda a no brainer for sure. :slap:

Anyway, what everybodys been telling you with the hairdryer, Goo-be-gone and the waxing is the way to go. I was worried about the ghosting effect on my truck when I did it, but in the end it turned out really good.

Go for it. :biggthump

G

·
I just had mine in the sun, pealed right off, no hair dryer needed, waxed it. Can't even tell the decals were there. Take those decals off, if they are bugging you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Magnum said:
I haven't done it, but I will be sooner or later, but I guess "Goo-B-Gone" works or there is some kind of bar like stuff you rub on & it removes it, or I also read a dishwashing detergent & a little elbow grease works. It's just wax so whatever you think will take the wax off.

Good luck! :biggthump
Do NOT use dishwashing detergent. Dishwashing detergent's job is to get out oil...there is oil in your paint. Granted using dishwashing detergent once won't really hurt your paint, but if you care for your truck, don't use it. The hair dryer and goo b gone is all you need. If for some reason that doesn't work...carnuba wax and a razor blade...just make sure to keep the blade as parallel to the paint surface as possible or you may knick your clear coat.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I know when I took off the DODGE and the DAKOTA decals off my tail gate i just pulled them of by hand, no heat or anythig, but my truck was brand new so that might help. after you pull the decals off you are going to want to wax the truck to get the outline of the decals off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.