Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone have in their trucks as far as audio and video goes? I have 3 Audiobahn ALUM15Q (1100 watts RMS each) and an Audiobahn A2X600HQ (2400 watts X 1 ohm mono) with a Lanzar Opti 10 farad power cap and an Optima red top battery. I am also running an Audiobahn crossover and an Audiobahn bass driver. Hit 161 db at latest local db drag.

G

·
HOLY SHIT!!! thats pretty damn loud!!! My stuff in puny compared to that. I have a Panasonic head unit, with a Rockford 500s amp pushing a 10" Punch HE2 sub in a Qlogic truck box, hits nice in a reg. cab, so thats all i need.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice system

Currently running a Sony Explode head with CD Changer in the center console. The head unit feeds 2 sets of JL Audio Components in the doors. Stock battery feeds a 1 fared Direct cap and a Direct Viper 500.4 that pushed 2 MTX 12s (thinking of adding one more). This is waht I'm currently running to hold me off. Later.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it is pretty loud, but obviously i cannot listen to it that loud. i actually need to get a new alternator. i keep popping a 200 amp circut breaker. my amp draws so much power that when the music plays for an extended period of time, the voltage in the cap as well as the extra battery steadily goes down and as that happens the amp draws a higher amperage to compensate for the voltage drop. in time the breaker breaks...:dammit: but oh well, maybe after christmas time i will be able to save up some money again and get a better alternator.

Your system sounds nice, not too much, but enough to cure the craving for a little something extra. It sounds like that have good quality equipment as well. That's awsome.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Alternators

Have you found anyone for an alternator yet. I have already been doing research, because I know in the future I will need that extra power :drool: to support 4 JL Audio W7s. Let me know, I will share what I have found.

Later,

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I am yet to really do any research. I have kinda been hung up with work being the holiday season. All of my spare time is spent trying to keep the woman happy and trying to find a local guy to run custom dual exhaust. If I find a good spot, I will post it.

G

·
I'm running a Pioneer CD player/6.5" pull out screen, The Memphis Belle amp, 4 Phoenix Gold 10" Ti Subs, Pioneer Rev 6.75" seprates in the front, Pioneer Rev 6.75" coaxials in the back, XM radio, and a PS2 (so I don't get bored at car shows) for power I have an Optima yellow top battery and the factory 140 amp alternator. I don't do comps but I did have it tested at 144.3dB Legal and 150.7dB Outlaw.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I got a JVC headunit. I got JL audio 6 1/2 in the doors powered by an Alpine 230 watt amp. I also got 3 JL 10" powered by a RF 250. I got a Power acoustic 5.6" flip down tv and a ps2 also. I think thats about it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't have it yet, setting up the install for week after next (damn holidays) :D But here is the plan.

Factory infinity head unit; crystal audio seperates up front; crystal audio 6.5 mid-bass' in rear; MTX thunderform loaded with MTX 6000's; pair of Linear power amps mounted under rear speakers behind interior panels; 2 1 ferat caps; single battery setup with 165 amp alt.

I know I'm gonna hear about keeping the factory head unit, but I want a stealth system. I'm going to give it a try and if I don't like it i'll figure out what to replace it with.

So, haven't done it yet, matter of fact I plan on starting to order the componants Monday. I'm looking for opinions before it's too late. I never seem to hear about the Linear power amps on any of the boards, wondering why?

G

·
Ok where do I start. I have pioneer 6 1/2 in the doors, and audiobond tweers, power by a 300 watt jvc amp, the i have 2 15" pioneer dimond series subs in a customs fiber glass box, powered by a 2400 watt jvc amp, i have a jvc head unit, and a 7" in dash flip screen mounted where the two center air vents used to be, a 2.5 cap, ps2. I think thats about it, for now, going to add more tvs soon. The system hits a 170db's.:woot:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am pretty familiar with the Pioneer subs (since I co-own an online car audio retail store) but I have never heard of these subwoofers performing so well especially with only 2 15". Do you have any verification of this? Nice setup though.

G

·
I have a pioneer DEH-P3600 HU, Rockford Fosgate Component speakers in the front doors FNX2614, Rockford Fosgate HPC2206 in the rear doors, Rockford Fosgate Power 851x, and one Rockford Fosgate HX2 in a VT box. I also ran all new Rockford Fosgate speaker wire about 100 feet of it from my amp to each speaker. Basically everything in my durango include wiring is Rockford except my head unit. I'm very happy with myself cause I installed the whole system myself. It only took 2 dayz. I hit 140 db with my system. It's not that bad. I guess. Sounds like all of yall have great systems.

G

·
yea and i am very familer with them as well, i am a dealer of pioneer speakers. I also own and run a production company, where i run and put on car shows/spl shows all over the state of FL. I have seen some pretty amazing numbers come from speakers you dont even think would do so well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, well i do not doubt your equipment, but i highly doubt your numbers! Please look at the following link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_15019826_56825958,00.html

This is a system that costs thousands of thousands of dollars and uses Pioneers best subwoofers. Please tell me how they used 9 12" subs and produced 173.3 db but yet you can use 2 15" and produce 170 db with out their best subs?

As far as being a dealer of Pioneer speakers, and owning a production company, you sure have made a lot of yourself at the age of what... 23? Thats pretty good. What are the names of these companies by the way?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts