Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get an adapter that will fit my Dakota? Im looking to get a half wrap billet steering wheel.

I checked lacarra.com but the latest that had was up to 1990. Someone told me by law a company can not list a steering wheel hub to fit any model with an airbag. But Im not sure if theres something out there that will fit it or not?

Any help would appreciated

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Are you removing the airbag, or what, not making sence.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Anyone know where I can get an adapter that will fit my Dakota? Im looking to get a half wrap billet steering wheel.

I checked lacarra.com but the latest that had was up to 1990. Someone told me by law a company can not list a steering wheel hub to fit any model with an airbag. But Im not sure if theres something out there that will fit it or not?

Any help would appreciated
Try www.customdakotas.com for info...Do a search.
Some guys have installed Grant steering wheels using adaptors on '00 and down, '01 and up...No dice.

Reactions: Koapono23

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you removing the airbag, or what, not making sence.
Ya I would removing the air bag and no more controls on the wheel. I just hate the way normal steering wheels look and love billet ones.

Try www.customdakotas.com for info...Do a search.
Some guys have installed Grant steering wheels using adaptors on '00 and down, '01 and up...No dice.
Thanks Ill look over there. Mines an '00 so hopefully Ill find some luck.

I emailed a guy I did some graphic work for who has a Dakota and he said he used a 88-94 Chevy fullsize adapter for his.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ya I would removing the air bag and no more controls on the wheel. I just hate the way normal steering wheels look and love billet ones.

Thanks Ill look over there

I emailed a guy I did some graphic work for who has a Dakota and he said he used a 88-94 Chevy fullsize adapter for his.
Bingo...That's what the '00 and down guys are doing... I have an 01.

:huh:

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bingo...That's what the '00 and down guys are doing... I have an 01.

:huh:
Well dang man that sucks for the 01+ guys. Thanks for the help man it answered my question! Time to shop around. Probably go with a B.A.D. or a Billet Specialties half wrap.

Heres what I had on my old Chevy except with black leather...

The plan is to get rid of the chrome on my truck so I might have my buddy powdercoat it black or just leave it.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Them billets are damn expensive. I'm not sure what adapter kit you need, I have one installed, but do not recall the part number.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Them billets are damn expensive. I'm not sure what adapter kit you need, I have one installed, but do not recall the part number.
The link Adobe posted helped me find the answer and the 67-94 Chevy fullsize adapters will fit the Dakotas but only up to '00 for ours.

And ya they are expensive. Probably around $400 in the end. For that much I could pretty much build my front bumper or buy the Doetsch Tech lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts