Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You know I was looking for information for a "How To" rebuild the steering gear on a 1999 Durango. But after reading some of these dumb ass forums I had to join in and say How Damn Stupid Can You be. Really, what the hell has the pitman arm got to do with a leaking gearbox. Where's the bolt to adjust...... To adjust what.... That center bolt wit the allen head is to adjust the Backlash out of the worm gear. Duh.... Then this Dumb ass is talking about adjusting the preload. Preload on what ???? This stupid doesn't even know what preload is. Preload is the amount of force that's applied on the bearings inner race back to the bearings outer race in affect to maintain run out and concentricity between the shaft and bearing housing. This Dumb Ass NorCal_Dakota used a crescent wrench and hammer to break the Taper on the Pittman arm shaft. That's what they make Ball Joint Removal Tools for. This shit is soooo funny, I had to comment on STUPID !!!! I'm just glad I know what I'm doing, because if I had of read this forum and tried whatever they were trying to describe, I'd of been better off screwing a GOAT. Know that makes about as much sense and using a crescent wrench and a hammer to rebuild a Steering Gearbox that's leaking. You can't FIX StUPID !!!!! This kind of bullshit is why I don't comment on the forums. It's a false sense of "Look What I Know"........ You Know..... Fucking NOTHING !!!! Thanks for helping me with the removal, tear down, and rebuild of the Steering Gearbox for my 1999 Dodge Durango. I bet You work for O'reilly's, Advance, or Autozone. One of them part fetcher's !!!

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
524 Posts
If you knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be ranting about an 11 year old post.

Reactions: immattj
21 - 23 of 23 Posts