Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Steel radiator/heater hose?

What exactly should I be looking for company wise? When I get around to buying them I will be on a fairly tight budget, so nothing crazy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i got mine off ebay cost me 20$ delivered to my door came with ends and all better than the $100 they wanted local for the same stainless hoses!

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
What I see on egay is spectre and flexicool. I'm not entirely convinced these are any better then rubber, it's just rubber w/ a steel wrap that keeps heat in. Silicone would be a different story, but no one makes any molded for us. I have found a silicone by pass hose, but its for an LA motor so a little different shape and size.

B

·
0 Posts
What I see on egay is spectre and flexicool. I'm not entirely convinced these are any better then rubber, it's just rubber w/ a steel wrap that keeps heat in. Silicone would be a different story, but no one makes any molded for us. I have found a silicone by pass hose, but its for an LA motor so a little different shape and size.
I have the Flexicool on my RT and they are not steel over rubber. They are solid flexible polished stainless steel and allows the heat to escape a lot faster than the stock rubber hoses.

B

·
0 Posts
good to know.

What sizes did you use for the top and bottom? Heater hoses? stock rubber for the bypass?
Only comes in one size for the radiator hoses with rubber reducing couplings and the the heater hoses are the same way. Didn't do the bypass hose.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
The flex braided covers that go over hoses hold heat more, I know I ran them before. Only good for shows, otherwise they are junk!

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
Only comes in one size for the radiator hoses with rubber reducing couplings and the the heater hoses are the same way. Didn't do the bypass hose.
I see 12" 36" and 44" lengths http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?..._sticky=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_sop=15&_sc=1

So you used the 24" 2"diameter to but the top and bottom? Heater hose must be like 1" right? My heater hose is pieced together, it'd be nice to have it in one section.

Sure is nice and shiny in there. What'd you do to the a/c lines?

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
rad hose ID is 1.5". Has anybody done a -16an hose and not just a steel hose with clamps?

B

·
0 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
hmm... those summit kits are a bit more, this isn't bad, it's close to the price of buying a top and bottom $95 shipped

And this one is a much better deal on the heater hose
I was just showing you what I used and not saying you had to buy them a Summit. If you can find a cheaper price, Summit will price match.

·
Registered
91 Posts
mine are pure stainless no rubber except for where the clamps go ill post some pics later but their earls or something like that! i know what your talking about and wont use those! i will post the auctioneer too that has alot better prices than what your seeing youll just have to watch the last minute biders

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
mine are pure stainless no rubber except for where the clamps go ill post some pics later but their earls or something like that! i know what your talking about and wont use those! i will post the auctioneer too that has alot better prices than what your seeing youll just have to watch the last minute biders
cool, the flexacool is the same as you're describing, buy it now prices aren't bad but post us what you've got. The spectre are the wrap over rubber that we want to avoid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts