Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2000 Durango 5.9. Has anyone ever experienced a static noise coming from just inside of the windshield, like from the front vents? It starts from when the engine is started, and goes on throughout the drive. Sometimes it stops, and then returns after a few seconds. This is with the radio/audio switched off. Heater/air-conditioning off as well. Throttle/Gear change does not change anything.

Any advice or tips?

Thanks in advance,
aaron

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I was losin it. I also hear a kind of static. I thought it was my cell phone causing interference but that wasn't it. I notice it more on the passenger side. It drives me bonkers.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
the sound by the windshield is probably an open air vent...try turning your ac on and switch the position of the airflow(straight or to your feet or both)...it takes a little while to switch but it should change. the sound by the passenger side...???is it coming through your speakers?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe you got something in your vents up there. try blowing it out with duster(compressed air)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It Definately Sounds Like Static Through The Speakers. Even When The Radio Is Off

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm weird. my left front tweeter started doing that one time after i hit a HUGE bump but would go away when i shut the radio off. maybe you jarred something loose?

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
noise from the speaker is probably caused by a loose wire...have you changed the head unit or the speakers? maybe the wire got piched or cut somehow and is grounding itself to metal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me too

I am getting a popping static sound out of my left rear speaker, similar to what you are describing. I have yet to dive under my amps and see if I am grounding any wires that have grounded leads, but I believe that is the problem. It goes away when I completely power down the stereo, but is still there when the volume is all the way down. I'll do a little work during lunch and see if anything helps.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am currently experiancing this same problem i would describe it as a buzzing it is coming out of the front speakers i know this because it cuts the front speakers from getting the correct audio signal when it is happening (mine is also intermitent bumbs and turning the wheel seem too start it and sometimes stop it)if i move the fader to the rear only i get cd or radio and buzzing but if i move the fader to the front speakers all i hear is the buzzing. Any ideas anyone has would be gratefully apreciated i have an apointment to have the dealership look at it on friday but from my conversation with the service writer im not holding out much hope

1 - 10 of 10 Posts