Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an '04 durango w/ the 4.7 and twice in the last 4 months or so it would't start for her. The first time I couldn't figure anything out so we had the mechanic come get it and he was able to start it by pushing the pedal to the floor and turning it over. He took the throttle body off and cleaned it. When I had tried starting it before the engine light and oil light was on but it is full of oil. It did the same thing yesterday but the foot to the floor method worked again.

I couldn't find this topic on the board so I thought I should ask. I thought it might be the oil pressure sender or something with the throttle body.

·
JDKSXT03
84 Posts
sounds to me like it could be the throttle position sensor. That could be why its only starting when you push the pedal down. Not positive on that but its a start. Maybe even a fuel pump relay? you could try swapping the a/c and fuel pump relays to see if that works.
On another note with the oil and check engine light on, they usually will do a bulb check when you first start the truck up, if you turn the key on and leave it without starting will those two lights go out?
If the check engine light does not go out, try turning the key on and off 3 times and see if you get a code to read on the odometer screen. Let us know!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the key on and off three times deal and it didnt work. It does work on my truck though. The oil and engine light stayed on after I waited long enough for the others to go off with the key on but the car not started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts