Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Montana Dodge's BFF
2,196 Posts
For the best explaination on stall verters look herePrecision ind.
To sum it up the purpose of a stall verter is to allow you to leave the lights in your peak torque power band.Lets say you start making peak torque around 2800 rpm.Then you would want a stall of 2800 to 3000 cause the tires would spin before you would hit true stall of the verter(thats the reason for trans brakes).Now,to decide what stall you want depends on your set up.If you just have bolt-ons and say 1.7 RR's then a stall wouldn't help you very much and you wouldn't need very much of a stall verter either.But, if you have changed the cam and heads or S/C then you would want a stall verter to best suit your cam powerband or blower.I have a Viper 9.5" 3000 stall verter cause I will be putting in a Comp cam(about like the KRC 220) and a S/C at 8 psi.Even on the stock cam I'm pulling 2.035 60' times on street tires and stiff ass lowered suspension leaving around 1,800to 2,000 rpm.Now when I put the cam and blower on there I will leave at a higher rpm and WILL NEED a set of stickys :biggthump Hope this answers your questions Wayne at APS and/or Marty at KRC can help you get the right verter for you :biggthump

DEPUTY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts