Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Ive had the edge 2600 converter in for a month now, and..im not happy with it at all. Things about it that don't seem right: If I slow down from cruising speed to make a turn, I really have to step on it to get decent acceleration back up to speed. Also lost my wot tire chirp from 1-2nd. And I've lost about 2mpg..and I don't drive hard. My commute is country driving with a fair amount of stops.

I'm close to calling up Edge about it. Other reports I've read say everything about the converter is better than stock blah blah..and they had 26 or 2800 stalls. I liken the truck to how it was with the 3.55s...sucky. Im pissed that I spent the money just to be..pissed.

Edge's math seems to be just right, flash stall hits right at 2600, is this just how high stalls drive? Seat of the pants feel during typical driving with the throttle I give it just doesn't feel connected. BUT..if I hit OD off with lockup in 3rd..and push the gas, I feel the torque..even at 1500rpm in lockup. It feels like the TC is wasting a lot of power to slippage. Anyone try a LOWER than stock stall?

Edit: Fluid is full, checked it many times

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.10 on 29" tires but I'll be changing to a 4.56 gear shortly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts