Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ran an SS Silverado yet? My girl and I were in my mustang today coming home from work and she was driving. She was in a pissy mood and for some reason driving the stang really excites her. Anyway... bout 2 miles from my house we roll up to a lite and there is a red SS there. The guy revvs his motor and just smiles so I smile back. (he is on the passenger side/ slow lane). My girl kinda giggles and at that point i knew to hang on. She can drive. The stang is a 93 LX with a 5 speed and a healthy stroker in it by the way. Lite turns green he guns it it squeeks a little and takes off rather well. She has this huge ass grin on her face and lets him get about 3 car links on us. Then she dumps the clucth and boom I'm grinnin and wavin as we go by. She gets in front of him and he gets over into the fast lane. We hit the next light and he looks over and see's that a chics driving and starts cussin and beatin the crap outta his steering wheel. well she ruined his day and got her all "excited". So mr. ss man thank you for losing whoever you are.:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
They aren't really anything to worry about sadly. They are a nice truck but there's just too much weight to HP. They are a little slower than a stock r/t.

Ryan H.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SSRage said:
Has anybody ran an SS Silverado yet? My girl and I were in my mustang today coming home from work and she was driving. She was in a pissy mood and for some reason driving the stang really excites her. Anyway... bout 2 miles from my house we roll up to a lite and there is a red SS there. The guy revvs his motor and just smiles so I smile back. (he is on the passenger side/ slow lane). My girl kinda giggles and at that point i knew to hang on. She can drive. The stang is a 93 LX with a 5 speed and a healthy stroker in it by the way. Lite turns green he guns it it squeeks a little and takes off rather well. She has this huge ass grin on her face and lets him get about 3 car links on us. Then she dumps the clucth and boom I'm grinnin and wavin as we go by. She gets in front of him and he gets over into the fast lane. We hit the next light and he looks over and see's that a chics driving and starts cussin and beatin the crap outta his steering wheel. well she ruined his day and got her all "excited". So mr. ss man thank you for losing whoever you are.:D
There's a pair of SS's that run at LVMS, the best I've seen out of them is [email protected]'ish, which is slower than what my truck ran stock. Not bad for a full-size truck but you'd think that $40k and AWD would get you more oomph.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats kinda sad really for $40K I agree. If you're gonna blow that kinda wad, buy a Harley Davidson SuperCrew Ford. One of the guys I work with has one and has tuned it up quite a bit... underdrive pulleys, exhaust and some other stuff... basically its got a little more power than the lightning does stock after his mods from what he said. Its a blast though - for the size of the truck it can really move.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a friend of mine has an HDsupercrew, and we raced one day , i got him off the line, but after about 60 or 70 feet, im lookin at his tail lights.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
haha ya a silverado pulled up beside me the other day, the guy was totally checking me out so i told my mom (who was driving my truck) so she revs the engine a bit, then he revs. then the light turned green and we took off. w00t go dakota :)
he got

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts