Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
When I go over a speed bump or pull out of my drive way the front end will bounce once or twice. The bouncing isn't the issue. Its the squeaking that happens during the bounce. I can hear it in the cab and it sounds like its coming from the front suspension. Sounds like my old spring mattress when my girlie would come over for a 'visit'. I have tried jumping up/down on the bumper to try to reproduce it, but can't. I guess my fat azz can't get the suspension to travel far enough or something. I've checked the shocks and they appear to be fine. No leaks etc and only have about 20k miles on them.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

·
The Anti-RUB
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like your sway bar bushings need a little lubing.
Thats what I was thinking too. But how do I lube them? There isn't a zerk fitting or anything like that that I can see to get the lube in there. They are the stock bushings, btw.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Remove the 2 bolts on each of the bushings and the sway bar will swing down. Remove the metal cup that's over the bushings and use some spray white grease lube between the bushing and sway bar. Replave the metal cup and bolt everything back in place.
I'm assuming air tools are required, or a nice breaker bar. Correct? Is there any tension on the sway bar? Should I worry about it springing down suddenly? Should it be done with the truck on jack stands or on the ground? Where can I find a replacement metal cup? I assume you are talking about the metal plate thingy that wraps around the rubber bushing and is what the bolts go through to attach it to the truck. Correct?

I did a little searching and was thinking I might as well upgrade to poly-bushings. Any recommendations? I checked out Energy Suspension and eShocks, but they don't have anything for '03 D's. Only up to '01. Are there any other alternatives? Do I need to remove the sway bar to install new bushings? It looks like the old bushing will just pop off and I can slide a new set on via a separation in the bushing, correct?

Thanks for the help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.