Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
Sincity painted his, I think he used Nightshades from Summit. Its like a transparent black paint.

He has pics of the light shining through. Comes through pretty good.

~CYCLONE_06

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
thats what i used. ill take a pic of it and post it here. looks good too. just wish my brake lights worked...lol damn things went out a few weeks ago. havent had the coin to take it back to the dealer and let them go through it. (think they did something to it..had to, they were working before i took it to them.. :rant: )

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I just did stock taillights and third brake light wirh niteshades and I made them dark as hell and they still are bright. You have to use alot of coats to make them dark.

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
I just did stock taillights and third brake light wirh niteshades and I made them dark as hell and they still are bright. You have to use alot of coats to make them dark.
Very true, but what's killer about that is that it gives you ultimate control over how dark you make em. I lightly smoked the stock tails on my mom's bonneville, looks mean as hell. I had my cummins' smoked, but not black, again lookd wicked. my buddy black out the ones on his cummins, PIMP...

·
I like trucks
510 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
Very true, but what's killer about that is that it gives you ultimate control over how dark you make em. I lightly smoked the stock tails on my mom's bonneville, looks mean as hell. I had my cummins' smoked, but not black, again lookd wicked. my buddy black out the ones on his cummins, PIMP...
Im gonna have to do this :biggthump

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think i'll have to do this as well. I think they look really good from the ones i've seen. Just to make sure i get the right stuff, is it the VHT nightshades spray? I think that's the name from summit?

·
Sideways on Sundays
984 Posts
jmac2000dge said:
I think i'll have to do this as well. I think they look really good from the ones i've seen. Just to make sure i get the right stuff, is it the VHT nightshades spray? I think that's the name from summit?
Yup, that's the stuff. I only used 3 coats on my tails, and they look pretty much "blacked out" to me :biggthump

·
Registered
375 Posts
Cool, thanks. How many cans do you think i would need to do the 3 coats on my tails and the orange corners?

BTW, yours look awesome :biggthump Can't wait to do this.

·
Sideways on Sundays
984 Posts
jmac2000dge said:
Cool, thanks. How many cans do you think i would need to do the 3 coats on my tails and the orange corners?

BTW, yours look awesome :biggthump Can't wait to do this.
You should prolly get 2. I used a little over a half to do the tails, so a little too much is better than ending up short :cussing:

Thanks for the compliment man :biggthump

·
I like trucks
510 Posts
blk03rt said:
You should prolly get 2. I used a little over a half to do the tails, so a little too much is better than ending up short :cussing:

Thanks for the compliment man :biggthump
Shit Sean those tails look sick. :biggthump

You got a saki dirter in the garage too?? You sombitch :rofl: That lime green gave it away

P.S. Your truck would look perfect with a roll pan. Or do you do some towing with your truck?

·
Sideways on Sundays
984 Posts
T.j. said:
Shit Sean those tails look sick. :biggthump

You got a saki dirter in the garage too?? You sombitch :rofl: That lime green gave it away

P.S. Your truck would look perfect with a roll pan. Or do you do some towing with your truck?

:rofl: Thanks T.j., yeah I gotsa saki 250, lots a fun :biggthump And from time to time I do tow a 21 foot Tahiti jet with a 502 :mullet: Plus, living in the bay area, a roll pan is just out, people drive like shit around here and I've already been rear ended, (no damage thanks to the good ol steel bumper) 3 times in the past 2 years. :hijack: Sorry folks :jester:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
One can should do ya. they use to sell it in a kind of small can, but now they raised the price but it comes in a full size can. I used alot more than 3 coats to get mine dark. I did mine just like Sin citys, I left the clear alone and just did all the red. I think one can will be fine since the amber covers better than the red. It is like $15 a can at www.summitracing.com it is called Niteshades by VHT make sure you shake it well before you spray.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.