Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after six months of trying to get the cash and the time together in the same day, i just got the bed of my '04 Rhino Lined this weekend... they carried the spray out a little further than they should have, IMO, and now the tailgate no longer closes flush with the body. i had to adjust the bolt stops just to get it to latch.

So, has this happened to anyone else, or was i just lucky? Planning to call the shop up on Monday and give them some :rant:

...dave

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
got pics of the spray on job? had mine done on my first dakota (ext cab black 1996), and loved it. i went with line-x. theres a dealer near me. they had it done in like 3-4 hours too. sorry to hear of your misfortune there. must have a few new guys doing it where you got it done. now in order for the tailgate to close, your looking into bodywork, cuz that stuff will not come off easily. power sanded off, then primed painted and cleared...lotta fun.

:sorry:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer. i can't seem to get a good picture of it- too much black. This kind of stuff is why i do my own work on cars... i'd rather get messy and break stuff than deal with the drama BS of getting somebody else to own up to and fix their mistakes :cussing: i'm just going to cut it down as far as i can with a razor and live with it. i already had to trim the very edge of the bed to get the 'gate to close at all.

This was from a one-man operation, too... i assumed he'd do a decent job, since it's his business on the line, but i guess that's too much to ask nowadays...

...dave

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
take that shit back man

i plan on getting mine done some time...no coin for it now though. i want to get the whole inside of the bed, the underside of it, and the back side of the bed that faces the cab. that should put some weight over the rear wheels. going to fab up a hidden bumper too, right behind the rollpan. maybe even box the frame in in the back... too much to do, no money to do it with.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I used to spray liners. On newer trucks the gap where the gate meets the lip of the bed is really small these days. its not that he did it on purpose. Just call the guy and let him know what happend. you get crazy on his a$$ he'll jsut hang up on you. who knows you may get a partial refund
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts