Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these and if so could you make a reccomendation on them? I'm looking at getting a flush mount box cover as well (checkmate) so I'm wondering which spray in liner will work with this. Any suggestions?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bedliner

Hey get a Hurculiner small amount of time to prep the bed then roll on. This stuff is the best, if your are interested I will send pics of my bed liner. Herculiner cost about 115.00 a gallon but much cheaper then a spray. Check Napa they carry it. See Ya, Kevin

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
Rhino liner and line-x are 2 of the best spray in bed liners out there. I heard the herculiner is a waste of money cause it scratches off. I have the rhino liner and had no problems so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the ultimate spray in liner. this is my 2nd. truck with this liner &love it. Haul just about everything in it & holds up well.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
02graphiteR/T said:
I heard the herculiner is a waste of money cause it scratches off.

This is what i was going to do in the next couple of weekends. I wonder if you put a bunch of coats on if it will still scratch off. I was only going to do the floor of the bed and nothing else

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
I have a Line X, and I talked with them seriously about their product. Nothing is better. The Rhino Liner is also good, but Rhino Liner doesnt dry fast, it takes longer than Line X. Rhino Liner goes on cool, Line X goes on hot, so it dries faster, and to me, it has a much cleaner spray pattern, but that is just my opinion.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Line-x is everything Rhino is... plus a little more. They are both durable, both last a long time... are reasonably priced, but line-x can be modified to fit exact paint color and such. Line-x you can put a huge dodge symbol in the bed, and it looks GREAT... show quality great. Rhino is mostly like three different colors (I think), and doesn't have a shiny/glossy look to it, which is what I would want for show quality... PLUS... the whole outside of the truck is shinny/glossy, so why not the bed?

Line-X all the way!

Paul

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Line-x is everything Rhino is... plus a little more. They are both durable, both last a long time... are reasonably priced, but line-x can be modified to fit exact paint color and such. Line-x you can put a huge dodge symbol in the bed, and it looks GREAT... show quality great. Rhino is mostly like three different colors (I think), and doesn't have a shiny/glossy look to it, which is what I would want for show quality... PLUS... the whole outside of the truck is shinny/glossy, so why not the bed?

Line-X all the way!

Paul

Everything you said is true. I wish I had thought of putting a ram logo in my bed before I got it sprayed in. Oh well.

~CYCLONE_06

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't remember who it was on here but somebody put a big R/T on the back wall of the bed then line-x'd it all. It was a red R/T club cab if I remember right.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
That would be 00RedRT a.k.a. Darren Alcorn.

~CYCLONE_06

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that was him. That was tight. I would do that too mine but it would look kinda lame with SLT on there.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
SSRage said:
Yeah, that was him. That was tight. I would do that too mine but it would look kinda lame with SLT on there.

I don't think it would! It would show that your trying to make your truck stand out from others

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could always put my grandads iniatials in the back. POS

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
It doesnt necissarily have to be the letters of your trim, you do own a dodge, you could use a rams head logo, or just use the word "DODGE." Be creative.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
SSRage said:
so.... be proud with what you have. If you don't do SLT. do like Dakota. or 4.7 or something like that.

I'm going to do this...

4.7L 5spd.

Paul

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I'll do make it match my license plate I am getting--- FORSALE

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adam said:
I hope your not planning on leaving?? And why sale the dakota?
Been trying to sell it for the past year actually. Just haven't had any offers. I've got to get something cheaper. Just bought a house last July and it kinda stretched me a bit on the thin side. If I do sell this one I plan on buying an older R/T. Course then it will work out the same cuz then I'll be blowin money on it to soup it up. Life - its a viscious cycle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts