Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was planning on purchasing the spintech side exit cat back exhaust system wanted to know if i would have clearance with my stampede kit and if it is a bolt on kit thanks joe

·
Clean Machine
5,433 Posts
im not certain but im pretty sure you can make it clear. i have the kit and when i put it on the tips hung down too far. i dont have sideskirts so i had to trim down the piping the tips fit on to make it look right. that kit though, it gave me really good top end and sounds great but i might would look around. it took me seven hours to put it on my truck with three people helping me (one of which builds outlaw drag cars and was my mechanic class teacher). we had to cut and re weld a few things, it was no 3 hour in your drive way deal. we had a hydrolic lift and power tools.not to mention, this was probably my fault, but two weeks ago my engine light came on, i took it to get checked and the driver side cat burnt up 200 dollars worth of wiring. its a pain to put on.--even through all that though, it is an awesome exhaust.

·
3,960 Posts
4point7dak said:
im not certain but im pretty sure you can make it clear. i have the kit and when i put it on the tips hung down too far. i dont have sideskirts so i had to trim down the piping the tips fit on to make it look right. that kit though, it gave me really good top end and sounds great but i might would look around. it took me seven hours to put it on my truck with three people helping me (one of which builds outlaw drag cars and was my mechanic class teacher). we had to cut and re weld a few things, it was no 3 hour in your drive way deal. we had a hydrolic lift and power tools.not to mention, this was probably my fault, but two weeks ago my engine light came on, i took it to get checked and the driver side cat burnt up 200 dollars worth of wiring. its a pain to put on.--even through all that though, it is an awesome exhaust.
I agree....I love mine. :biggthump Unfortunately I had to install it on a gravel driveway over my buddy's house. It took us about 8-10 Hrs :huh: , but also installed headers. I didn't like the way my tail pipes came out either. so after about 3 months after the install (3 weeks ago) I trimmed and shortened them. I think it looks alot better now! BTW the pic in my sig was before I shortened them.

·
Clean Machine
5,433 Posts
after a good long time tinkering with the tips i ended up taking my truck to a muffler shop.i let them fix em and weld it up at the same time. they look better, but they sure dont look like the picture on the gs website. i have no clue how to make them look like they did. i tried though. by the way that orange reg cab r/t is awesome i love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts