Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of speakers are included from the factory in a Dakota R/T Club Cab ? How many are there total, and where are their locations ? Finally, what would be the best replacement speakers for the factories, that really arent that expensive ? Where can I buy them from and get them installed at ?

I am new to this whole sound thing, but I have to get some speakers replaced because the previous owner blew them out. Any help would be great.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
i have/had the infinity speakers in mine. which was a total of 2 in each door and 1 on both sides of the ext. cab where the seat belt is coming out at.

When I got my truck I had Alpines in the back but whoever had the truck either put the factory ones back in the front or didn't change them :huh:

I have 2 sony xploids that i might want to part with. there the 6 1/2 3 way kind. I have 2 more but I blew the factory infinitys in the door of my Eclipse GST so I had to use them.

I also have a MTX 6000 10'' sub but my amp i had for some reason wasn't big enough to push it Jenson 400.
I also have a 10'' Jenson sub and it kicks ass or atleast it did when I had I in my Kia Spotage. I don't really want to put it in my truck cause the box is a little big

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
how many and are the speakers in a 99 r/t reg cab? I have not taken delivery of mine yet so I can't go look.....

·
Registered
667 Posts
This reminds me. Everyone w/ a Durango/Dakota, post what year your ride is and the stock speaker sizes that come in it. I think I have 4 5.25's in my 02 Durango, but I won't know till I open the doors up. Anyone know off hand already, then we can put the list together in a FAQ kind of section.

As far as the best replacements go, just find your budget and go to a shop and take a listen to everything in your price range. Everyone has a diff taste in interiors. I've met ppl who prefer the tweets that come w/ $70 speaks over the tweets that come w/ $300 mbquarts.

A little advice too, if you're not gonna get an amp for the speaks. You don't need 80wrms interiors, your HU is only gonna put out about 20 watts and clip if you try to blast it, the speaks will sound like crud anyway then unless you get an amp, so stick w/ low rms speaks unless you're shellin' out dough for another amp.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got some Infinity Kappa 6 3/4" speakers for the front doors. The speakers in the extended cab of the truck are in good shape so, I think I am good to go now.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 6 of 6 Posts