Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and i have a question for the audio guys.
My 01 Durango had the Infinity system in it with a RB Nav head unit. I'm upgrading everything but the head unit. Has anyone put speakers in the hatch?
I was thinking replace the Front stage componants with Boston's and replace the back door with the same. I'm adding 2 12's for the lower end. I thought about adding 2 6" full throw speakers in the hatch

Questions and comments aswell as pictures of your set up would be great

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and i have a question for the audio guys.
My 01 Durango had the Infinity system in it with a RB Nav head unit. I'm upgrading everything but the head unit. Has anyone put speakers in the hatch?
I was thinking replace the Front stage componants with Boston's and replace the back door with the same. I'm adding 2 12's for the lower end. I thought about adding 2 6" full throw speakers in the hatch

Questions and comments aswell as pictures of your set up would be great
What is your logic for doing this. What purpose would they actually serve. Or do you just figure more speakers wherever you can fit them are always a good thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I'm going on the advice of a local audio shop, maybe they are just trying to upsell..LOL. My first "SUV" Seems like a lot of space that could be taken advantage of.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Imho

If you just want loundness, more speakers and more power. If you want sound quality, you need a properly powered 2 or 3 way front stage and a sub stage. You don't even really need to upgrade rear door speakers though most people do. Unless you're going for an SPL or show type install, not every empty space has to be filled with a speaker to get it loud and clear.

There are setups out there consisting of only a front stage and one or two subs that will blow your mind in comparison to most million speaker systems where people feel they have to fill every empty hole and upgrade every single speaker. Alot of people will say they can only afford 'decent' sound and don't have the funds for that type of equipment. But then they will waste money on things like rear door speakers, deck speakers, hatch speakers, rear 6x9s in a club cab or reg cab, etc..., and they spread their money and their amplification out over a bunch of different mediocre drivers instead of starting with a simple but exceptional front stage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts