Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the spartan lunchbox locker. They look beefie just wondering if they are better same or worst than aussies and powertrax

·
Registered
99 Posts
all the lunchbox lockers are similar. However, the spartan's do have thicker springs, and pins between the two locker halfs.

I had one in my TJ dana 44 and it was bad ass.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Very popular with Cherokee guys, but having said that I've never run one or seen one in person.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One the the Spartan come with a new cross pin as the other do not. They cost about the same I just think the Spartan looks like a better deal but powertrax has been around for ever

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
If you go the Powertrax route, buy just the regular Lock-Rite and not the No-Slip. The No-Slip is junk, I have run one of them before and it NEVER acted right, horrible waste of money compared to the Lock-Rite which I've also ran in a different truck.

·
Old Fart
182 Posts
I'm running a Spartan locker in my front axle (Dana 44). It works great and I haven't broken it, so I guess I like it. It has a few less parts than the Lock Right (which I used to have in another truck and also liked), which is kind of nice, but I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run one in my front 44 with 39's and it works good, my lock-right in my 9.25" was the best in terms of feel and quietness, my Yukon grizzly in my 14 bolt FF can be temperamental. I've never had any mechanical failures of any lunchbox lockers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts