Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a intake, and cat-back exhaust. I hope to soon get a superchips tuner. Till i can start saving for the tuner, i wanted to get some small things to prepare for the future. This includes synthetic oil, rework the intake, and spark plugs. Which plugs would best suit my application.

S

·
0 Posts
I like the NGK V-Power ZFR6F-11G (6987) plugs. they are the stock heat range but I know you can get them one range cooler but I don't know what the part number is.

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
The NGK one range cooler plug is the ZFR5F-11 (2262) V-power. That's what I'm running, excellent plugs.

S

·
0 Posts
There ya go, somebody with an answer! Thanks Anthony. I had an ulterior motive for posting because I was trying to figure out what the one heat range cooler plug is by NGK. I tried bosch. Sucked. Autolites... Sucked worse. They were dead after 7500 miles. The Autolites when I pulled them out, where the electrode comes out of the insulation in the middle of the plug, it was domed instead of being flat. When they are domed like that the plug has to work harder to creat a spark because it doesn't have an edge to jump from. Yes I actually learned something in my electronics class at school. My old man's got a device that can test the current and spark through a plug and I compared them to the NGk's and wow it was only putting out like half the spark. Plugs are supposed to last a lot longer than 7500 miles. I've had these NGK's in now for 30,000 and they are still running great. I'm gonna get a Superchips tuner myself after I get my taxes back and planned on changing the sparkplugs again to go with the colder ones.

Sorry, didn't mean to :hijack: your thread and right a speech.

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
The first set of NGK's 2262 I changed was at about 25,000 miles, to my surprise they still looked some what new. They could have gone on a hell of a lot longer.
I change my plugs every 2yrs or 25K-30K miles, they're cheap.

If I find a pic I'll post it.
Anthony

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rage, do you hijack everyones posts, or just mine? :joke: LOL, thats what i love about this site, everyone gets the ansers they need, no bs or crap because ppl try to be post whores!

Anthony, is there any harm in running the colder plug in a nearly stock 4.7?

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
Andrew,

These plugs wouldn't cause a problem for a near stock or modded motor. Vipers come new with these plugs.

Kenne-Bell known for their supercharger, did massive research and dyno's and stated that these NGK 2262 are an excellent plugs for our Dodge engines

I would agree!!

S

·
0 Posts
03Stampededak said:
Rage, do you hijack everyones posts, or just mine? :joke: LOL, thats what i love about this site, everyone gets the ansers they need, no bs or crap because ppl try to be post whores!

Anthony, is there any harm in running the colder plug in a nearly stock 4.7?
LOL, no I hijack everyone elses too!

·
Registered
172 Posts
where would i be able to pick up some of these NGKs? been looking for plugs for awhile now. sorry for the hijack

·
0 Posts
I'm looking to put a cold air on my dak, are the colder temp plugs a good idea for this? I'm new to mods, so if that's a dumb question please take it easy on me. :help:

S

·
0 Posts
Plugs were the first mod I did. Smoothed the motor out some because it idled a little rough from the factory. New plugs gapped correctly means more efficient burn. The cold air intake will help you no matter what you put in first. And no you don't have to have the plugs for the intake.

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the tips and info :mullet:

Oh yea, and sorry for contributing to the :hijack:

·
Registered
172 Posts
over the weekend i put in some ngk 2262 plugs and they made a nice difference. smoothed out the idle and it revs smoother also. felt a little power gain but then again my stock plugs were already starting to get rounded off (electrode) and i only have 10k miles on mine. but i think they are pretty good. it does feel stronger now than it does when i bought it. i would highly recommend the ngk v power plugs :biggthump

·
Registered
121 Posts
just got the ngk2262 for my durango, how hard was it for you guys to put them on? mine look like it might to take some time..

·
Registered
99 Posts
One more question, Why does everyone put the cooler plugs in? what is the reason for this if dodge tested there 4.7 befor production and came up with the heat range of the plugs.

I just like to know reasons for things LOL.

AP

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
airplane1 said:
One more question, Why does everyone put the cooler plugs in? what is the reason for this if dodge tested there 4.7 befor production and came up with the heat range of the plugs.

I just like to know reasons for things LOL.

AP
a colder plug should be a tad more difficult to send a spark.... so for people that have a lot of performance parts and computer chips and what not like to have a colder plug in fear of the motor pinging, which means detonating before it should.

Paul

1 - 20 of 20 Posts