Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Monkey see, Monkey do
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is the right place...oh well.

anyway, what are some good spark plugs. i got 2 boxes of autolite 5224s sitting here in front of me,my dad bought them months ago and i just found them.

but which plugs does everyone seem to like.

· Registered
728 Posts
cupholder said:
not sure if this is the right place...oh well.

anyway, what are some good spark plugs. i got 2 boxes of autolite 5224s sitting here in front of me,my dad bought them months ago and i just found them.

but which plugs does everyone seem to like.
depends what motor ya have, your profile says an r/t so 3923 autolites would be good for you.
my 3.7 came stock with ngk`s, i swapped to the autolites , gonna swap back to the ngk`s when it gets a lil warm out.

· Registered
22 Posts
Had NGK's, decided I'd try 3923 AutoLites, and I will never put those junk autolites back in my truck. I've had them in for about 2k miles, and first nice day out, putting some new NGK's back in. I have the 5.2...so I can't speak for the V6's and 4.7's, but they suck in my truck.

· Registered
149 Posts
Thumbs down to AutoLites....

Never had any luck with autolites in my oppinion they are cheap poor quality plugs. Top busted off on one in my uncles truck. And they only had like 1500 miles on them.(he was taking them out to replace them.) I plan to go with NGK ZFR6F-11 plugs in my Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.9 RT. Can't say how good they are yet but would definitely steer far away from autolites. Just my few pennies.... A.J.

· Registered
149 Posts
Poll has a tie!

Well man looks like its your call. 4 people for NGK and 4 for Autolite.. If you already have the Autolites I would slap them in, and if it seems good to you roll with it if not go grab yourself some NGK. Best to try and see. I think if your truck is stock run the oem replacement plug number. Let us know how you do, A.J.

· Registered
22 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.