Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruzzzzing down to Flagstaff AZ, last sunday bout 80 or 85, i was pulling up a hill and noticed that the motor was getting loud, so i get over that hill, start pulling up the next one, samething but louder, and i was losing power. So i pull over check every thing, seemed ok! i get down the road ok , and about 60miles from flagstaff , the damn thing just about shuts down, no power in the motor, the tranny wouldnt shift hardly at all, and check enagine came on. So i limp my ass to town, get to an auto zone and have em read the pcm, they told me the codes were miss fires in 7 & 8 cylinder , and another one for mutiple miss fires, they said its probably your plugs, wires,capand rotor. i started with the plugs, because i had a feelin, sure enough it was the autolite 3982's,that i just put in about 5000miles ago. i put bosch super back in it, but it ran alot better. ive never had sparks plugs go bad all of a sudden like that before. i dont believe i will ever put autolites back i any of my vehicles again!:rant:

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had problems as well with my Autolite 3923's breaking down in my 4.7L. I ended up going with the NGK's and am very happy with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you go on another long trip you might want to get your catalytic converter checked.
A plugged converter will damage the plugs. I've got 88K miles on my "98 R/T and have only change the plugs once...when the converter when bad. I had exectly the same experience you did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that what i was thinking. because i can hear sh!t rattling around in there! what kind of cat did u go with, what size? and where did you get yours
:evil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your catalytic converter should have a five year warranty. Depending on when you purchased your R/T you might be able to get it replaced free.
Nevada Dodge did mine under warranty. They gave me a hard time because I had put a cat back system on the truck but in the end they caved.

Best Muffler, near Charleston and Eastern is where I would go if I were paying myself.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.