Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to change the plugs in the 4.7's? Theres two metal hoses running along top of two of the spark plugs. I think they are a/c hoses. How do you get to those two plugs?
Also,
what is the proper gapping for the plugs? I will be using NGK V-Power and I went down one heat range.
Thanks for any help.

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
Check out my site, I have detail info and pics to help you out!! Good choice on the plugs, you'll like them!!

Anthony

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
pretty nice site you have about changing the plugs. one think the last plug at the firewall on the passenger side is a bitch :cussing: :rant: to get out. but the rest are easy. can say easier than my 2.3l 4 banger that was in my ranger. one thing your plugs was way dirtier than what my plugs was. my plugs had a light tanish ash on them. I got autolites in my trucks but have read alot of good things on NGK v grove power plugs. I might go out soon and buy them for my truck. even though my truck runs smoother with the autolites than the champion plugs.

but to the guy changing the plugs. they are easy. took me an hour to change mine. as I went slow and gapped my plugs as I changed them. after a few times the time will get less and less.

P

·
0 Posts
How hard is the plug change

:redx: for the 1st try. Finally I talked to the dealer and used their trick. A can of WD-40 and liberally shoot around where the coil goes into the sparkplug tube, remove the 10mm nut and try to wiggle the coil. Go to the next coil and do the same when back to the 1st coil reshoot it with WD-40, pull and wiggle. As the others say blow out he hole before removing the plug. A light coat of oil on the rubbers when reinserting coils. I am trying some BOSCH Platinum plugs right now. Chech http://www.rockauto.com for cheap parts and to cross reference.

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
Umm, are we not supposed to NOT RUN PLATINUM plugs with our engine. I have yet to see anyone reputable (not payed by Bosche or someone) say that platinum is good for us. As a matter of fact, every thing I have read has said it is bad to use platinum on a coilpack setup like the 4.7L runs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ffman said:
How hard is it to change the plugs in the 4.7's? Theres two metal hoses running along top of two of the spark plugs. I think they are a/c hoses. How do you get to those two plugs?
Also,
what is the proper gapping for the plugs? I will be using NGK V-Power and I went down one heat range.
Thanks for any help.

What was the part # for the NGK V-power plugs that are one heat range down?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Strictly_Kaotic said:
What was the part # for the NGK V-power plugs that are one heat range down?

NGK ZFR5F-11 (2262) V Power Plugs

Kenne-Bell known for their supercharger, did massive research and dyno's and stated that these NGK 2262 are an excellent plugs for our Dodge engines. Hey they're even recommended for the V10 Viper!!!

Platinum plugs are a BIG NO-NO on our trucks....

·
Registered
55 Posts
WD-40 and rubber is a big no-no too. WD-40 will eat the rubber. Never use any petrolium product on rubber parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts