Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get info on some sound mats. I know dynamat is supposed to be good but has anyone used Fatmat or B-Quiet.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
unless you are doing a professioal install or for competition, you can use just about anything to get the job done. you probably aren't going to notice much of a difference between the brands. get the thickest one you can afford. they go up in price considerably with thickness and type of material. i have used many kinds over the years, but for this install i wanted to try the peel & stick roofing tiles you can get from home depot or lowes. they work just fine, but they are really thin compared to dynamat or others so they aren't as effective and you will need more layers. i put down at least 3 layers i believe, and it's still cheeper than dynamat. it was only for the doors and easier to work with. if you are doing a large area then you would want a whole roll of the good stuff for sure. check ebay cause you can often get a much better deal on a large roll.

·
Dakota is gone I'm not
1,392 Posts
just do what I did I was getting some bad vibrations out of my rear Alpine speakers so I had some foam weather stripping sitting around and I took the speakers out ran the stripping around where the speaker goes put it back together and BOOM! not my rattles I'm going to do it to my front speakers tomorrow when I pull the panels to paint my handles and figure out why I'm not getting power to my power locks and passenger side window

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi
343 Posts
My recommendation would be Secondskin, Raammat, or Dynamat. Heard too many bad stories about the others. Raammat would probably be the least expensive of the three.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts