Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had been flirting with the idea of having all the speakers behind a plexiglass wall, with the port above the glass. Have the glass tinted DARK black, where it just looked like a black window, but when I turned the key on, and turned ont he neons behind the plexiglass, you would be able to see the speakers bump and move...

I have so many ideas, I could sit here and talk to you for hours about all of the possibilities. :mullet:

G

·
JohnnyKo: How many windows have you busted out with your systems? Geezus, monstrous systems with monster power, you must be a hardcore SPL junkie, in a good way. That's gotta wreak havoc on your eardrums and head :hammer:.

Bigguy: Looks like you're fixin to have a really loud system. Will cost ya quite a bit of money, good luck.

Sidenote: I've seen the RE subs around but I've never actually seen anybody selling them, who sells them?

· Registered
598 Posts
Bigguy, I'd def stay away from the plexi wall idea. Plexi thick enough to make a good wall will cost you more than your equipment. And have you done any measuring yet to see if you can fit an amp between the subs? You'll prob end up having to mount the amps on the sides of the box. I've done a wall in an extended cab ranger with 4 12s and we could barely fit just the woofers and port in there. And esp if youre gonna compete at all you want as much port as you can get. Oh yea, I wouldn't angle your wall back either, its just gonna complicate things.

Esh, no windows yet, lol ;) that takes a hell of a lot more juice than I have. But yea its pretty damn loud and my eardrums dont like me anymore :) Call the number on www.reaudio.com for a dealer. Odds are there isn't one in your area, if there isn't they will just sell directly to you (nice and cheap too compared to at a shop).

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was talking with my friend that's the expert with boxes, and we've decided to stay simple, but with 2 18" MT's. Have all the wires and stuff come through the back to keep it clean and have the extra batteries, caps, and amplifiers in the bed of the truck under a flush-mount tonneau cover... I just can't WAIT till we actually get started with it.

· Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Man thats sounds like a lot of bass ...my buddy had 6 12's in a wall in his dakota but i talked him into JL audio and he went with two 15's man those hit so much harder than the 6 12's for sure ... and didn't take his whole back seat like his 6 12's did ...but what ever you do sounds like we will hear ya a mile or two away ..can't wait to see the pic when you get it done ... i only have i JL Audio 10w7 and am real happy with it for sure ..looking to get a new amp for it for some MORE power though..should be running 750 wat rms to it and then it will thump like hell ..right now i am giving it like 300-400 and it hits real nice can't wait till i get the new amp for sure ... :mullet:

and who needs hearing ...lol

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This is going to be all that you can see looking at my box :

and the night view... (I was bored)

and this is what it's going to look like on the inside... sort of a view without the front peice on it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.