Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
probably an Audiocontrol, doubt a t-lab. Thats where they put the mic about in MECA reality SPL, and only a few street cars did over a 150 at world finals.

But either way, a 150 is good on any mic :mullet:

· Registered
598 Posts
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
Which just goes to show you, its not the looks that count, (not completely at least) it's how you set it up and play with it.
exactly, it doesn't matter what it says on the dustcap, thats only a small part of makin something sound good.

· Registered
598 Posts
If I were you I wouldnt try to do 4 12s in an extended cab. You can fit it but its tight unless you're going sealed. And sealed just sux anyway ;) And if you go with the REs, you're gonna want a lot lot more power. I had 2 XXX12s running that took 2500rms each for daily. And if you're talking about MTs they can take even more than that. I'd stick with 2 subs and run the sh1t out of em instead of 4. For your power I'd go with either the M3Mojos or the SX's.

P.S. My buddy is getting rid of 4 RE SX 12s. I think 2 have been spoken for already, but he has 2 more left. He also has 2 Crossfire vr2000s, if you are interested hit me up on AIM--JohnnyKo12

· Registered
598 Posts
yup, it was one amp per sub. RE underrates their power handlings a little. PPL have run 3KW to one xxx, just gotta be safe about it, but 1600-1800 is enough. Quick few pics of my setup :
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/214000-214999/214211_92_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/214000-214999/214211_94_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/214000-214999/214211_87_full.jpg

But for the 12s I'd do at least 2 cubes per sub, maybe like 40 inches of port. OOOOH!! I love ppl designing new systems. You need a new thread on it, lets get crackin on a plan! :):)

· Registered
598 Posts
Bigguy, I'd def stay away from the plexi wall idea. Plexi thick enough to make a good wall will cost you more than your equipment. And have you done any measuring yet to see if you can fit an amp between the subs? You'll prob end up having to mount the amps on the sides of the box. I've done a wall in an extended cab ranger with 4 12s and we could barely fit just the woofers and port in there. And esp if youre gonna compete at all you want as much port as you can get. Oh yea, I wouldn't angle your wall back either, its just gonna complicate things.

Esh, no windows yet, lol ;) that takes a hell of a lot more juice than I have. But yea its pretty damn loud and my eardrums dont like me anymore :) Call the number on www.reaudio.com for a dealer. Odds are there isn't one in your area, if there isn't they will just sell directly to you (nice and cheap too compared to at a shop).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.